Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
GeoSpectrum
Organisation: Ashcraft Framing
Interests: Family, x-country skiing, wine, art, Jazz

label printer

Post by GeoSpectrum »

Hi, I’m looking for recommendations on colour label printers If anyone has one? It’s for various small colour labels for back of frames, and a number of other products so only needS to do small labels.

Thanks
Alan Huntley
Ashcraft Framing
Bespoke Easels and Self-assembly tray frames
http://www.ashcraftframing.co.uk
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Re: label printer

Post by StevenG »

You could just use any colour printer and get some A4 sheets with self adhesive stickers already in it & various sizes are available (if that sentence makes sense). Most will have a template that you can use in Word etc
JFeig
Organisation: minoxy, LLC
Interests: non-fiction knowledge

Post by JFeig »

Avery Labels has a stand alone (free) software package.

https://www.avery.com/software/design-and-print/
Jerome Feig CPF®
http://www.minoxy.com
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Would you consider the possibilty of printing the label and the customer invoice by using the same piece of paper for both. Printing all of the labels from a single sheet full of labels is supposed to be problematic, as repeatedly feeding the same sheet of labels through is not usually a particularly successful thing to do.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
StevenG
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Post by StevenG »

" repeatedly feeding the same sheet of labels through is not usually a particularly successful thing to do."

I've never had a problem doing that & it's a fairly regular thing I would do - but I'm not sure if I'm following you correctly though. I only put the sheet of labels through once, the entire sheet is printed in the one pass :)
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

I used to do that, just print a fulle sheet of labels with my details on, but found if you put a full colour background on, like say blue, then I was replacing the ink cartdriges often :head: , now mine are white bacground with just the letters coloured plus my logo
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Printing the entire sheet in one pass is not a problem at all. I've got a rool of labels printed by a lable printing company, which works o.k., but if you don't use them up in a reasonable time the self adhesive starts to lose it's stickiness. There have been times when Iprint my own labels using a black and white laser printer and back the labels with 2 inch wide double sided tape, which works and does not look to bad.

As time goes of it seems to make more sense to print you own labels, 1 sheet full at a time. This has been what I had been doing prior to my stroke, but I think that the adhesive on these labels has lost it's effectiveness, during the last couple of years. I expect that I will need to buy some new labels, before I am able to re-open my shop.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

I only print 1 sheet at a time, with 21 labels per sheet, so will use them up within the week
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
StevenG

Post by StevenG »

Indeed - I've learnt my lesson with using coloured stickers :lol:

However, for my 'back of frame' stickers I get someone else to do them now - works out far cheaper! There's a guy across that the road from me that does signage - he can do an entire roll on self adhesive material (something like 6ft wide & whatever deep - but I only get a few feet at a time) filled for only a few ££.

It's not what you know :)
jordan1122
Organisation: printing shop
Interests: printing

Post by jordan1122 »

Your work can also be done by a simple printer named as thermal shipping label printer which is more simple and easy to use. You should also try this.
baughen
Organisation: Cliff Baughen
Interests: Photography, Picture framing

Post by baughen »

For many years I've used a Brother QL-560 label printer. It only prints in Black but is great for what I need. You can get different size rolls of paper.
ahaWhyNot
Organisation: printing
Interests: Printers and labels

Post by ahaWhyNot »

Use a multifunctional printer and then make sure it has excellent after-sales service. For example, the printer I bought has a MUNBYN warranty service of eighteen months, and during those eighteen months, you can simply ask them to fix whatever technical problems or whatever parts are damaged. :clap: