Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Fruitini
Organisation: Original Glory
Interests: Digital Art & Photography

Framex 2022

Post by Fruitini »

Anyone else planning to go to the Centrado/Artglass event in June? Not widely advertised that I can see but an email invite reminder dropped in my mailbox this morning. Looks like an interesting day lined up, and the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium looks a hugely impressive structure. Looking forward to this.
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Re: Framex 2022

Post by Justintime »

Can you post a link to this event page?
Nothing on Centrado website and a Google search for Framex 2022 doesn't bring anything up either.
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
pramsay13
Organisation: Picture Framer (ML)
Interests: picture framing (no, really!) sport, music

Post by pramsay13 »

It's by invitation only and the email has a link to a booking form.
If you're a Centrado customer speak to your rep and ask for an invite.
Fruitini
Organisation: Original Glory
Interests: Digital Art & Photography

Post by Fruitini »

Yup, just spotted it’s invite only. This is the jist…

NEW GLAZING OPPORTUNITIES
Artglass Founder and CEO, Sasha Kelberg will explain the high-tech processes required to produce invisible glass. Be the first to discover their latest product launching exclusively at Framex.

CONSUMER MARKET TRENDS
Gain valuable insights and discover the latest research on consumer behaviour and market trends in Framing. Consumer research expert Alana Jackman will deliver a thought provoking presentation to help framers further consider ways to deliver an even better business for their customer base.

RETAIL BEYOND TOMORROW
Industry leading retail design expert Quinine share their latest findings of the retail space. Hear from their Managing Director how their clients retail transformations are turning around their businesses with insights on what can be done in the framing industry.

FOREST TO FRAME
Hear from the Italian Manufacturing Partner of Centrado's Create Range to gain an understanding of the processes that are involved in wooden moulding production. Italian craftsmanship combined with large scale production processes.

MEET MANUFACTURERS

LATEST PRODUCTS &
LIVE DEMOS

Meet glass, mountboard and sundry manufacturers. Discover the latest trends and technologies in the picture framing industry.

THE VENUE &
GUEST SPEAKER
SPECIAL HIGHLIGHTS

The days highlights include guest speaker Kevin Keegan, former England Manager and Newcastle and Liverpool legend plus a behind the scenes tour of this world class stadium.
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Post by Justintime »

It looks like an interesting event.
I'm baffled though, by the thought process behind making it an exclusive rather than inclusive event?!
Billing it as "The Industry's Framing Event" but only for Centrado customers. Is it a new event that they're testing the water with?
Come on Mark, you must have some thoughtful insights on this.
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi Justin,

It's not so surprising, both Wessex and Simons have done their own road show regional events in the past and in both case they only invited other suppliers whose products that the were already distributing. In spite of all this both the Wessex and Simons events were really fanatastic events and well worth attended. My guess is that Centrado will really pull out all the stops to make this a really super event as well. Being a large football stadium type venue finding you way there should be well signposted and there should be plenty of free car parking inside the venue. I won't myself be going as I can't walk very well and I don't know how well I would cope on such a long journey. I can legally drive, but it a specially adapted car to comply with specific requirement, which DVLA have stated on my drive license and I have no idea how quickly I would tire on such a long drive, but if you are thinking of going. It's probably going to be a good event. Simons always had a fairly good display of discontinued mouldings on show at heavily discounted prices, during the times of the spring fair.

I often bought some of these as they were quite useful for customers wanting last minute Christmas framing orders and I made good money from these. Doing a reasonable volume of box frames and display boxes, these discontinued mouldings often still were quite popular for such uses. Box frames and display boxes are not exactly the same market as normal frames and as such using discontinued mouldings for such a market does not usually meet with customer resistance. If you have some made samples to show them, they will often order the same moulding as one of the display samples. The extra profit made from buying some of these discontinued moulds so cheaply, was always an incentive for me to go to the spring fair. It not only paid for our petrol expenses both ways on quite a long jouney, all our meals both ways and I was still well in profit making Box frames and display boxes for quite a long time afterwards. As you can probably easily understand, it take a lot of careful thinking which discontinued mouldings are actually really worth buying, or otherwise not a good idea after all. In spite of all this, some dicontinued mouldings just look taylor made for particular uses.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer