Cassese empty wedge cartridges

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Photal
Organisation: Photal Photography Gallery and Framers
Interests: Photography/Art and Design/Carpentry and Joinery/Nature/Rugby/Running/Music and seeing bands/Sci-fi

Cassese empty wedge cartridges

Post by Photal »

Hi can you return the Cassese empty wedge cartridges, are they able to reuse them?
We get through loads of them and seems a waste.
Aaron Broadhouse
fitz
Organisation: Latch Burn Framing
Interests: Picture Framing. Watercolour painting, dog walking, fly fishing.

Re: Cassese empty wedge cartridges

Post by fitz »

I fill mine up again with alfamachine v nails and reuse them over and over. I haven’t bought a new cartridge for over a year.😊
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Likewise! After a while the little piece of plastic which slides along inside get brittle and the little springy bits break off and you have to buy some new cassesse cartridges. The Alfamacchine universal wedges pull the joins together much better than the cassesse wedges. Also the longer cassesse wedge havea horizonal groove pressed into them and jam in the underpinner more easily, this does not happen with the Alfamacchine wedges. The Alfamacchine wedges use their power twist feature to pull the joints together both tightly and smoothly - These are my favourite wedges!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
prospero

Post by prospero »

I break the little push slider out and fill with Casesse Uni wedges. Bit off brute force and ignorance
required but it works for me. :D
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About