Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
hotspur
Organisation: Lincolnshire
Interests: Cycling

Mitrecraft Lincoln

Post by hotspur »

Hi, is anybody else having problems with having to leave messages on their Mitrecraft's answerphone and not having their calls returned?
prospero

Re: Mitrecraft Lincoln

Post by prospero »

Hi Hotspur. As far as I can find out, Mitrecraft has closed down.

Whether it is permanent or not I don't know. :(
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

There have been rumours circulating for the last two weeks or so but I did not want to comment earlier as I could not verify all sources.

At the end of last week I had a phone call from Tabmaster the company that bought Mitrecraft from the Green family and was told they were not reopening and that I would have to find an alternative supplier (which I had 3 months previously). I asked if the remaining stock was being transferred to Tabmaster but was told "everything was in the hands of the receivers".

It is a sad situation and one that Jonnny Green, Ivan Green and their families must find disturbing as the business has a long history going back to their father who started it.

If you want a great service from an alternative supplier talk to Clive Stanton at Tawnycraft 01604 792782. He is Jonny and Ivan's cousin.
Gesso&Bole
Organisation: Jeremy Anderson Picture Frame Maker
Interests: Framing pictures, testing out the latest gismos, and sharing picture framing knowledge

Post by Gesso&Bole »

I Have spoken to Karl at Tawnycraft, and he has told me he will deliver to Derby, and that they are taking on most of the areas previously covered by Mitrecraft. Most of their range is, I think, the same, so give him a call
Jeremy (Jim) Anderson
Picture Framer and Framing Industry Educator
https://www.jeremyanderson.co.uk/
https://www.instagram.com/ja_picture_framer/
hotspur

Post by hotspur »

Hi, Many thanks to you both, I suspected it but hadn't heard anything, they used to be a fine company, also thank you for letting me know about Tawnycraft, I hadn't heard of them before.
hotspur

Post by hotspur »

Thanks Gesso & Bole too
prospero

Post by prospero »

Shame really. :( I have known the Green family since they had a retail shop in Lincoln. Still got the OPEN/CLOSE sign that they used. :P
When Ivan first started the wholesale biz he had an Allegro estate with about 10 packs of mountboard and a few screw-rings in the back. Watched it grow over the years into a very impressive operation. It was like having a huge extra stock room 10 miles up the road.
Jonny2morsos

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Gesso&Bole wrote:I Have spoken to Karl at Tawnycraft, and he has told me he will deliver to Derby, and that they are taking on most of the areas previously covered by Mitrecraft. Most of their range is, I think, the same, so give him a call
If you are previous Mitrecraft customer ask them to email you the spreadsheet which gives their stock codes and the Mitrecraft equivalents. They also have a number of very similar mouldings to others in Mitrecraft's range some of which are better quality but slightly higher price bit that's OK with me as I find better quality means less waste.

Karl, by the way is Clive's son.
Picturethis
Organisation: Lincoln
Interests: Framing, family

Post by Picturethis »

Hi There

Just wanted to let all you all know that FRAMING ESSENTIALS is now up & running. Mitrecraft staff have started a NEW business on their own and a weekly delivery service will commence from Monday 12th April. More information will follow regarding contact telephone numbers etc...
prospero

Post by prospero »

Great! :D
An Old Master

Post by An Old Master »

Let's hope that Flaming Essentials don't make the same mistakes that the last lot did - it worked how the Greens ran it - so don't fix it. Come back Anna! Looking forward to a call next week!
An Old Master

Post by An Old Master »

Just remembered a gag about Mitrecraft: What's the difference between Mitrecraft and Directory Enquiries? - Directory Enquiries answer the 'phone.
prospero

Post by prospero »

... The Titanic had a Band. :D

(Sorry, wrong joke.. :oops: )
TabbyAnn
Organisation: Tabmaster Uk Ltd
Interests: Framing

Post by TabbyAnn »

Hi, Ann here,
I would highly recommend Tawny Craft & Tabmaster to anyone who used to get there supplies from Mitrecraft in Lincoln.
Tawny Craft is a fantastic company run by the same Green family who used to own Mitrecraft. They hold the same moulding, glass, mountboard etc as Mitrecraft did and have a van run which covers a huge area.
Tabmaster also a fantastic company (not that I`m biased) can supply wedges, tabs, machinery etc at fantastic prices. With next day delivery on stock items.
Between the two you should have all your framing needs covered.
:clap:
Picturethis
Organisation: Lincoln
Interests: Framing, family

Post by Picturethis »

Had FRAMING ESSENTIAL round today SO nice to see some of the old Mitrecraft staff back in work. Good Luck to them all !!!!!!
TabbyAnn

Post by TabbyAnn »

Hi,

More help for everyone who used to order from Mitrecraft, If you call Tawny Craft with the old Mitrecraft code for mouldings etc, they will be able to match it up with their products for you.
Tabmaster have also got some amazing offers on at the moment, really worth a call. :D
Jonny2morsos

Post by Jonny2morsos »

I think I covered that one in an earlier post.

John.
TabbyAnn

Post by TabbyAnn »

Hi John,
Sorry for repeating your earlier post. I am just trying to inform as many ex Mitrecraft customers as possible of the best places to get their supplies now, and Tawny craft is the best place they can go for mouldings, glass etc. Especially now they have extended their van runs to cover 90% of Mitrecraft`s area.
Thanks Ann
ComeOnYouReds!
Organisation: Our house
Interests: Trying to get it right first time.

Post by ComeOnYouReds! »

I had my first delivery from the new Lincoln people..... very nice to see the old faces back on the scene. There's a great keenness in them to get the operation up and running again and for that alone they need our support. We all know the problems they've had recently and so can only hope they get off to a smooth start.... it will be hard to start with but with the experiences they've had the only way is up.
Strange however to see Tawnycraft and Tabmaster as "bedfellows"...... hmmmmmm !
framemaker

Post by framemaker »

Tabmaster, Framing Essentials, Mitrecraft, and Tawny Craft - good luck to them all, but its all a little confusing for my liking! :)