Too darned hot

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
markw

Too darned hot

Post by markw »

I am going to start coming in very early - framing isnt pleasant when its this hot - and the work that should have gone on the hot press today is going to have to wait.

I normally expect business to drop off when it starts to get hot, but for some reason it hasnt this year. Is it the business cards I have on display in the local Tesco's Store - The nice window display - The fact that the building has been repainted - the new carpet I put down? wish I knew as it would allow me to focus my efforts, but I suspect its a combination of all these things and a bit more. Of course it could just be that I have made a firm commitment to a holiday this year and it always gets busy if I do that.
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

we were quiet for a day or two, then it went mental the past couple of days.

We've seen a huge uplift in online sales during the heatwave, website stats showing most orders coming in between 10pm and 1am..... I guess people who dont go out in the heat must miss their shopping fix and so get onto the computer later on and go into a virtual shopping frenzy.

It kind of reminds me of the after-christmas boom when people have got stir-crazy and at the first chance they escape the house and go shopping.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I can't figure it out either! Business is normally slow this time of year, but we've done much better than expected.

I don't like the heat though! I am supposed to be doing three wash-line mounts before the weekend. Not that easy to get back to the start point before the wash dries. Not my idea of fun!
Cheers,
Mark