Under pinner wanted midlands ish !

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Daveyo
Organisation: Market frames
Interests: Walking

Under pinner wanted midlands ish !

Post by Daveyo »

Ok before I buy a morso underpinner that a friends late father has for sale has anyone got anything for sale reasonably local to me..?.. its a new venture but need to produce 60 to 70 frames a week so not really hobbyist.
I cant get any good info on the morso which makes me nervous, so want something easy to get parts for etc.
Many thanks Dave
MarkR32
Organisation: G58 Framing
Interests: Rugby, Food, Family, Framing

Re: Under pinner wanted midlands ish !

Post by MarkR32 »

Hi,

I use the Morso underpinner as a backup for my Alfamacchine 44.

Its ok for the small framer but if your planning on knocking out large quantities, i would look for a more robust model, possibly pneumatic.

The foot pedal on the more is weak and tends to bend around the piston joints, I have had to have it welded and brackets put on to strengthen it. the v nail delivery can get gummed up and the Allen bolts are very soft, so be careful not to round them. the hose can/does/will catch the sharp edges in the foot plate, so be aware and check the condition of the hose regularly.

other than that .. have fun :)
Daveyo

Post by Daveyo »

MarkR32 wrote:Hi,

I use the Morso underpinner as a backup for my Alfamacchine 44.

Its ok for the small framer but if your planning on knocking out large quantities, i would look for a more robust model, possibly pneumatic.

The foot pedal on the more is weak and tends to bend around the piston joints, I have had to have it welded and brackets put on to strengthen it. the v nail delivery can get gummed up and the Allen bolts are very soft, so be careful not to round them. the hose can/does/will catch the sharp edges in the foot plate, so be aware and check the condition of the hose regularly.

other than that .. have fun :)
Just had a play with it..... is there any adjustment like there is on cassese under pinners if the mitres are slightly out? Bit hard to explain but im talking about but where you push the moulding in to the pinner ?
The reason I ask the mitres were slightly out ie gap slightly too wide and ive seen there is some adjustment on other under pinners.... Dave
Ps I didnt cut the mitre that was out it was another framer :D
MarkR32
Organisation: G58 Framing
Interests: Rugby, Food, Family, Framing

Post by MarkR32 »

Hi, no there's no adjustment on this underpinner unfortunately, you mean the adjustable gates found on Alfamacchine's. The cuts have to be good, really good or the gaps will show. I found practise makes perfect between the Morso and the underpinner. The adjustment has to be made on the morso to get the joint right
Daveyo

Post by Daveyo »

MarkR32 wrote:Hi, no there's no adjustment on this underpinner unfortunately, you mean the adjustable gates found on Alfamacchine's. The cuts have to be good, really good or the gaps will show. I found practise makes perfect between the Morso and the underpinner. The adjustment has to be made on the morso to get the joint right
Thanks for that... i believe there is adjustment on the cassese gates as wel.... well according to you tube.
Im looking more at a pneumatic ones now to be honest the guys after £300 for it so its part way towards a bettwr machine..... d