Anyone selling a Fletcher rigid point driver

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Anyone selling a Fletcher rigid point driver

Post by StevenG »

Hi folks

Anyone looking to sell a Fletcher rigid point driver? I'm after a spare one for the workshop but the new cost is pretty steep :)

Cheers
Steven
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Anyone selling a Fletcher rigid point driver

Post by Not your average framer »

The newer ones are not only a bit expensive, but I'm told that they are now made in China and not as durable as the older ones.

Not that long ago, I made a round trip of not far off 200 miles to get myself a secondhand Fletcher Terry 1100 oval mount cutter. These are the most precise oval mount cutters that you can get and the are simply beautiful engineering. You can cut two oval mounts with a aperture size difference of almost nothing and when you put them together as a double mount, the reveal between the two mounts will have the same spacing all the way round the aperture.

Sadly quality like this is rapidly becoming hard to get anymore.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer