For sale Oval cutter by C&H Bainbridge

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
doogey
Organisation: picture framers
Interests: art

For sale Oval cutter by C&H Bainbridge

Post by doogey »

Have an old Oval cutter by C&H Bainbridge we mainly used it for cutting glass but does mounts also i have both cutting tools for it!!! the image is not the one i have for sale!! it is the same model except mine is not as clean looking due to being stored under the glass bench and used every now and then so is just dusty would probably clean up as good as the image!!! Any sensible offers excepted!!
Thanks for looking!
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: For sale Oval cutter by C&H Bainbridge

Post by Not your average framer »

These C & H oval cutters are one of the earlier really accurately oval cutters and were probably what was copied by magnola mouldings for then to make their own oval cutter. They are built like tanks and probably will last forever, every part of it is designed and built to last, you won't be needing to worry about getting any spare parts, because there is nothing to wear out.

I used to have the Magnola oval cutter, which is a copy of this and it was great. Since then, I upgraded to the more modern Keencut Oval 6, but realistically the Magnola oval cutter was the better item although I did not know it until I had done the deal. I now have the Fletcher Terry 1100, which is considerably better than the Keencut Oval 6.

The C & H oval cutter is still of the same calibre, quality and accuracy to match every other oval cutter that has come along since. All decent oval cutters are quite heavy and the C & H is no exception. If you want a really good oval cutter, heavy, built to last contruction is something to look for. Top quality oval cutters like this don't come along very often.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer