Moulding identification help please

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Nick Jones
Organisation: Paperwrite
Interests: Framing, Sports, my Dog

Moulding identification help please

Post by Nick Jones »

Please can anyone point me in the right direction of who may supply this moulding.
M Taylor moulding 2.jpg
M Taylor moulding 1.jpg
A customer has asked us to complete further works to match.

Many thanks in anticipation :D

Nick
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Moulding identification help please

Post by Not your average framer »

It looks hand finished to me. Very possibly a Rose and Hollis moulding. It's worth checking out A128 Ibeche, or A129 pine. I'm not really all that convince abot it being the A129 pine, as pine will need plenty of priming a sanding to get that kind of fininis. So perhaps A128 obeche is more likely.

It's not that easy to be completely sure. It may perhaps be something that has been specially produced for the framer and then hand finifished by the framer to suit. I would suggest that you take some measurements and compare these with the web site, to get a better idea.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
picturemaker
Organisation: Workhouse Framing Ltd
Interests: woodworking,films,running

Post by picturemaker »

Hi , Looks like D J Simon's 000K/0630 . You will have to check if it's still available as I only have a really old catalogue.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Well the Simons 000K/0630 looks possible, but it's really hard to tell looking at the photographs. I would suggest that you take some measurements from the frame that you are trying to match and cheach these with the dimensions on the Simons website. The photos still suggest a hand finished frame to me, but perhaps that a wrong impression anyway.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Nick Jones
Organisation: Paperwrite
Interests: Framing, Sports, my Dog

Post by Nick Jones »

Thank you both for your replies.
The existing frame is currently on the customers wall, so will ask them for some dimensions and check it out against DJ&S ref you have given.

thanks again.
Nick
China shop
Organisation: Framing shop & Gallery
Interests: Sport, framing

Post by China shop »

I thought it was a Simon's one when I saw it and I have to agree with Picturemaker that it looks like K/0630 which is still available and according to their spec. is 108 mm wide and 53 mm deep.
Roger