Cross stitch required

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Hoops

Cross stitch required

Post by Hoops »

Can anyone assist- I'm accumulating a display area left of chevron displays where I want to offer samples to show to customers. Looking good so far, but I am lacking a textile piece to demonstrate lacing service. I don't get much fabric work through the shop, but I would like to lace and frame something up, mount and frame, maybe with a plexiglass back if workable.

Can anyone point me in the direction of one of their customers, I've had no luck on ebay etc. All searches on the net so far show me kits etc.

Any info. or leads appreciated.
Hoops.
Spit
Organisation: Framing Mad
Interests: Framing, watercolours & CCFC

Post by Spit »

http://www.classicbikeart.co.uk

Steve.
During business hours : My status
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

You're looking for a worked X Stitch?

Name a subject and size, we can do one or both. We have a lot of 'worked models' that come 'framed' - we get these free from some suppliers when we order X amount of the kits - as a 'prop' to sell the kits - then the kits get discontinued, by us or the supplier, but we still have these worked models.

Some are V nice - we remove them from their frames, wash them, frame them nicely and sell them. Some, still V nice, we don't have the time.

We can send you one, a few even - but if they are framed - nothin' to do wiv us guv. Just pay the P&P, plus the cost of a pint - feeling generous add a donation to our latest cause - whatever.

Anyone else want any worked models?
Hoops

x stitch

Post by Hoops »

John,

Many thanks for kind offer of sample. I'll pm you details.

Hoops
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

Roboframer wrote:Anyone else want any worked models?
Not at the moment, John, but really useful to know for future reference!
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
Hoops

Many thanks

Post by Hoops »

Hi John,

X Stitches arrived as promised. Many thanks for helping out a fellow framer.

Hoops
osgood

Post by osgood »

It's a shame that I am so far away, John! It's really hard to get examples of worked cross stitch down here. For many years now I've been going to frame a couple for display, but have only seen old nasty ones in second hand shops!
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Don't see why I couldn't post one.

Here's one I did earlier - ("Pooped") sold two the same previous, when they sell I just do 'the deal' order 10 kits and get a free worked model.

Moglet

Post by Moglet »

I know I'm a tad biased subject-wise, but I think that job is really, really lovely, John! :)
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Well thanks Áine :)

Should have reversed that bevel though!
Moglet

Post by Moglet »

I love it when you do the ol' show 'n' tells, John. :)

I find your work so inspiriational. If I get to be a mere fraction of the designer you are some day, I'll be very happy!
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
osgood

Post by osgood »

John,
I framed that exact one for a customer a couple of years ago! Must dig out the photo of it!
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Apart from worked models we have a few things that customers have long-term loaned us.

Some of the classier stuff we cannot buy worked models for - such as the 'Lavender & Lace' range and Lanarté.

But we have quite a few customers who are serial stitchers - do it once, enjoy doing it so much they do it again and give it to us to display in the shop - makes them proud, helps us sell the relevant kits/charts

(Lavender & Lace only do charts - to complete the average one you'll need to spend another £75 or so on threads, linen, beads, blending filaments, etc - but a lot of people who do these have drawers full of threads etc and just need to buy the fabric and top up on the rest)

One lady did the Lanarté 'Sarah Moon' design twice - we framed the 1st one and she tried to give us the second - we insisted on paying at least the value of the kit, (£40) but she would not take more than £20 and we practically had to stuff that in her handbag. I'll post a piccy or two tomorrow.

Pat has stitched a few of the 'Calico Cats' range to sell those kits and charts. (Áine and all cat lovers will like these designs)

This one is called 'paper bag cats' and featured in an article I did on lacing in The Picture Business. The cats' mess is extended through the mount in a 'V' groove.

We have also paid stitchers - mainly in goods and services to the value, to stitch certain designs for us. E.g. they do it, we give them another kit for themselves and frame it, no expense spared, for free.
Moglet

Post by Moglet »

Roboframer wrote:Calico Cats ...Áine and all cat lovers will like these designs...
This one had my name on it! :lol:
Roboframer wrote:...'paper bag cats' ... The cats' mess is extended through the mount in a 'V' groove.Áine and all cat lovers will like these designs)...
See what I mean about how much I enjoy seeing your work, John. That idea would not have occurred to me in a million years! Fantastic stuff!!!! 8)
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
osgood

Post by osgood »

Roboframer wrote:Don't see why I couldn't post one.
John,
It would be great if you could post me an unframed one, but only if I pay you for it as well as the postage!
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

No no no - they don't cost us anything - (the suppliers' worked models') I'll have a look-see tomorrow.
Spit
Organisation: Framing Mad
Interests: Framing, watercolours & CCFC

Post by Spit »

If you want to get rid of a few, how about running a friendly framing competition here?
http://www.classicbikeart.co.uk

Steve.
During business hours : My status
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Try looking in charity shops - John
mlondon
Organisation: Mobile Framers, Chesham
Interests: Picture framing;), Playing football, reading.... QPR!!!!!

Re: Cross stitch required

Post by mlondon »

Robo, Amazing work, As a relatively new framer it's frames and ideas such as yours that inspire me to try to improve myself. It can get a bit demoralising when customers so often want run of the mill rather than something fresh and vibrant and maybe a little kookie.... Once again, stunning!!