Pistorius Foot Operated Underpinner on Ebay

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
jaybee173
Organisation: JFT
Interests: framing

Pistorius Foot Operated Underpinner on Ebay

Post by jaybee173 »

Pistorius Underpinner looks in very good condition

£150 on ebay - collect Bromsgrove

See it here https://ebay.us/WGSHMZ
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Pistorius Foot Operated Underpinner on Ebay

Post by Not your average framer »

A lot of the people on eBay won't know anything about these whatsoever and very possibly won't bid on this, so the bidding may not go very high. This particular underpinner model is well known for being built like a tank and being pretty largely bullet proof in most respects. These simply don't go wrong! Not only that, but I have never before seen one of these in what looks like such as new condition ever.

So what are the limitations, well a lot of contract framers liked these and mainly only bought 7mm and 10mm wedes, so perhaps these did not accept 12mm and 15mm wedges, well that's not really very important anyway. Whoever decides to get this machine is not going to regret it. It probably come from the era when the Euro underpinners first appeared on the scene, so perhaps 1970's to 1980's.

Before about 1970 there were no underpinners. Nobody makes spare parts for these, but they were built to last and just never wore out. I've heard of anyone needing spare parts for these. I doubt if the lack of easily available spare parts is ever going to matter. Probably a real bargain for someone!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer