Wallbuddies

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Wallbuddies

Post by Merlin »

:( Sorry this is for UK framers.
Do any of you picture framers, use the American Wallbuddies?
or do you know of any suppliers of them in the UK.
I have tried LIONS and WESSEX, but they refuse to stock them. SCRAGGS havent replied, so I guess they dont want them either.
Why not? is there something that I am missing..
John GCF
PaulH

Post by PaulH »

Just thinking aloud here, John. I gave my parents an old school photo lovingly framed blah, blah for Christmas. I used Wallbuddies on it. It was a bit of a pig to hang as their house has real McCoy plastered walls, not the plaster board/sheetrock you find in the vast majority of homes here in the States. Could that explain your suppliers' reluctance to stock them?

Paul
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

Dermot

Post by Dermot »

The Wallbuddie's website www.wallbuddies.com

Rgs
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Good News (I hope)

Post by Merlin »

Sorry it has taken so long to get back..
The reluctance of suppliers/distributors to stock them... Well they are relatively new in the UK plus they are American..
One supplier who has brought a 'new invention' of picture hanging has said they will look at it.. !!!!!!! Yea right. !!!!
However. I had the rep from EURO MOULDINGS in the shop today, who said that his MD stated.. WATCH THIS SPACE..
That is encouraging.
Hope so because IMHO they are better and quicker than the traditional D rings and picture cord...
John GCF
Framerguy
Organisation: S.T.B. Custom Framing and Gifts
Interests: Kayaking, outdoors photography, fishing, hiking, biking

Post by Framerguy »

John,

As you may recall from visiting the Yank Grumble I am a staunch advocate of WallBuddies. I have used them for the past few years since Darrell Keller first exhibited them at one of our trade shows. He is actively seeking new accounts and maybe some of your suppliers could contact him through his website and see what can be arranged.

I will guarantee that, once you use this hanging system for small and large framings, you will not go back to picture cord! They come with hangers, stickers to place on the dustcovers with simple directions for your clients to follow to use them, and once they are level, they will stay that way forever! They come in 2 sizes to fit small and larger frames and the large WB's have a rating of around 27 kilos.

Darrell also has WallBuddies for aluminum mouldings and he has recently released a line of security WallBuddies for public places where theft or safety of the customers may be an issue. Restaurants, hotels, condominiums, and most any place where the public has close access to framed art is a prime place to use the security WB's.

Hope that you all get them across the pond soon. They are quite the item.

Framerguy
If I don't have to feed it or take it for a walk, I can frame it!