Paper wrapped wood spacer 14'000 Metres UPDATED 7th December

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Patrick @ John Jones

Paper wrapped wood spacer 14'000 Metres UPDATED 7th December

Post by Patrick @ John Jones »

We’ve recently undertaken a huge inventory check and have identified a selection of stock that we don’t require. We are keen to dispose of this stock asap to clear storage space, so are offering it at less than half the standard trade price.

Our own brand of paper covered, lacquered wood frame spacers (fillets) are available in 17 different sizes/profiles with either a white or off white finish. 50P PER METRE

If you would like further information or to arrange an appointment to view any of the stock, please feel free to contact me...
Patrick Duffy

www.johnjones.co.uk
Museum-standard framing
Fine-art photographic services
Artist Surfaces
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi Patrick,

Are there a variety of colours, or is everything white?
Patrick @ John Jones

Hi John
I have white and an off white only. These spacers were originally designed to match the Arqadia solidcore mountboards 401 & 403.
Patrick Duffy

www.johnjones.co.uk
Museum-standard framing
Artist Surfaces
osgood

Post by osgood »

Patrick,
I know that I am too far away to take advantage of your bargain, but I'm very curious to know exactly what it is you are selling. It would also be foolhardy to buy anything that was "paper covered". It would get eaten by bugs or affected badly by salt air, here on the coast!

I've been in this industry for 21 years and have never come across anything described as "paper covered, lacquered wood frame spacers (fillets)".

Can you please enlighten me as to what this product is, as the description seems to be very ambiguous? Down here in Australia, a fillet and a spacer are two totally different products.
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

Ormond

I think Patrick is referring to the paper wrapping/cover that is on the moulding to protect from damage in the warehouse……not a paper wrapped finish on the moulding…………or at least that what the picture looks like……………

They are most likely a spacer as you would know them………….big and chunky

Rgs

Dermot
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

They are fillets or spacers finished with a paper covering and used for fitting behind the glass in box frames, etc. They are also available from Rose & Holis - see their finished mouldings catalogue back page.

I find them quite useful at times, but 14,000 metres is rather too much for me. I'm amazed at the quantity, can anyone actually have a use for that much? That's a serious amount of box frames!
Cheers,
Mark
Patrick @ John Jones

Hi Mark/Guys.

We use a lot of these spacers - in almost every framed piece. John Jones is a large company employing over eighty highly skilled people so as you can imagine we're a little bigger than your average framer. We don't buy from Rose & Hollis though. Because of the high volume we get through, we have them custom made to our requirements using wood from our own mill.

All the best
Patrick
Patrick Duffy

www.johnjones.co.uk
Museum-standard framing
Artist Surfaces