Wanted: Arqadia Moulding

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
Jo
Organisation: The Frame Game
Interests: Would like to have some if I wasn't at work all the time!

Wanted: Arqadia Moulding

Post by Jo »

Desperately seeking one length of Arqadia's 725 079 000, preferably from batch 090505/1456. The lengths I have are 2.74m which is long enough!

I'm trying to frame five pictures for a customer and only have enough for four frames, Arqadia are out of stock until January and although my customers have been good about potentially waiting til then for the fifth picture, it would be nice to finish them sooner and from the same batch.

Can collect from Leicestershire/Warwickshire area or even from the Aldershot/Farnham area where my husband works some days.

Can anyone help out? :?:
JamesC
Organisation: The Framed Picture Company
Interests: Printing and Framing, Canvas Prints, Perspex Mounting, Graphic Design, Football, Tennis, Golf, Computers, Film, Antiques, Mountain Biking, Bass Guitar, Music, Art, Mensa

Re: Wanted: Arqadia Moulding

Post by JamesC »

Sounds like a familiar story. I've checked and cannot help.

Sorry to hijack the post but I could also do with some Arqadia mouldings too because I offer them online and can't get them till December (which often means January):

176 002 348
642 348 000
400 000 358

The way I run my business if I ran out of something popular I'd pay the extra shipping/manufacturing to make sure continuity of supply is ensured/restored and take a small hit but it seems if they underestimate demand there is nothing we can do.

It shocked me at first when new to the industry but it seems it's something people have to get used to, or buy a lot of stock and get a bigger workshop, or cut down our ranges or even hand-finish barefaced instead. Or phone the customer and sort out an alternative. We can't get some of the first choice alternatives at the moment though. Or we could pay £X hundred to have three new mouldings added to the website which may also go out of stock and back to square one.
birdman
Organisation: Pelican Picture Framing
Interests: Getting up close and personal with Val

Post by birdman »

Sorry both can't help with any of those mouldings.

We use 176 002 348 and it is annoying that it is out of stock. Arqadia have a number that aren't available until January and seemingly there is nothing they can do to get them any earlier? Funny how they are always the popular ones.
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status
Framerpicture
Organisation: Picture Framing
Interests: Mountain Biking, Walking,

Post by Framerpicture »

I had problem recently getting some Arqadia Moulding which was out of stock and suggest you try some of the regional wholesalers who have their mouldings
I found what I was looking for at G&A Frames in Northern Ireland. They were very helpful and even though the carriage was £20.00 it got me out of a whole!
http://www.churchgategallery.co.uk/
Follow us on Twitter@PorlockArt