Gallery Wrap Vs. Regular Stretch

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
dweaverframe

Gallery Wrap Vs. Regular Stretch

Post by dweaverframe »

I have received several emails regarding my stretching machine. The general concern is, "will this device damage light-weight canvas? Also, many have asked, "how much canvas is needed to get a good stretch?

The stretching machine will not damage canvas, regardless of how light it may be. The operator controls the amount of tension simply by applying the necessary force. The operator would have to purposely force the canvas into position. Please note that it is not necessay to tilt the artwork fully flat, or parallel with workbench. At anytime the operater can shoot a row of staples to secure it.

As far as the amount of canvas needed. For a canvas wrap, measure the width of the stretcher bar and add 1.5". That is the amount of canvas needed past the edge of the image. This may. to some, be an excessive amount of waste and that is something I am currently working on.

A second model, nearly completed, will require 1-2" less canvas. It will be clamped and stretched pneumatically. It will sell for $1450 which is still considerably less than any of the pneumatic models on the market. It will also be the same physical size and have the same base. Anyone purchasing the first model could very easily upgrade to the fully pneumatic model in less than 1 hour.

Thank you

David