How much should I charge for gilding/my time bespoke frames?

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
sarahthegilder6
Organisation: sarahgoldleafgilder
Interests: Gilding, art, painting, sculpting, restoration

How much should I charge for gilding/my time bespoke frames?

Post by sarahthegilder6 »

ug, 2020 8:35 am

After having worked in a high end bespoke framing workshop for 5 years producing fine frames for the West End I have now found myself redundant from the Covid situation.
However I have had an opportunity to work self employed as a Gilder/Finisher for another bespoke framing firm.
I produce the finest works and am a very skilled Gilder and craftsperson always ensuring the highest standards with my work.
The firm will make the raw wood carcass and it will be down to myself to Gesso, Bole, Water Gild and apply finishes to the frames all of which I am confident in doing.
Having worked for someone else I am now struggling to produce a price list for my work/time.

The frames is question are pretty standard modern black floating box with 12ct top rail.
I know I still have to account for buying in all my materials yet as I am just starting up on my own.

Please if anyone on here could give my an idea of what I should be charging it would be much appreciated!