Covid Lockdown issues

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
Photal
Organisation: Photal Photography Gallery and Framers
Interests: Photography/Art and Design/Carpentry and Joinery/Nature/Rugby/Running/Music and seeing bands/Sci-fi

Covid Lockdown issues

Post by Photal »

Hello

I would like to ask what other framers intend doing over the next lockdown?

Is it possible to only deal with click and collect customers? by this I mean they either send as many details to me via email and then I quote for the work then they deliver it to my shop (aka workshop now) I have double doors so can open them up and put up a clear screen and table top for them to place the item on. I do the work then either deliver or they collect it. Payment is via transfer

or/and they could choose the framing materials at the door behind the screen and then follow the same steps. Is anyone else doing something like this? I can't get a break on my rent so need to find a way to operate with no contact with customers. Which I find funny as I work at a Supermarket for two nights and I can tell you that is not happening with co workers as online shopping has gone through the roof.

Kind regards Aaron
Aaron Broadhouse
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Covid Lockdown issues

Post by Not your average framer »

I don't need customers to come into my shop, during the shutdown, that's breaking the law! They stay outside and pass the work to me through a gap under the perpex screen. I am also not worried about being paid in cash all they have to do is drop the cash in to my plastic box and I disinfect the money. Nothing very complicated and I'm not breaking any rules. Keep it simole and observe the legal requirements and your good to go.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer