Plastic bag options

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
Mikey the 2nd
Organisation: New business
Interests: Work and work

Plastic bag options

Post by Mikey the 2nd »

Hi all
Can I ask how everyone packages customer work for collection. We have always bagged in clear plastic bags. That way the customer can see the work prior to leaving the shop, if they wish to inspect closer we take it out of the bag for them. However I personally hate the pollution plastic causes so am looking for an alternative.
Any suggestions? I'm thinking paper and not sealing until the customer arrives.
Cheers
Mike
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Re: Plastic bag options

Post by Justintime »

We've just bought a paper roll dispenser from Globe Packaging, for the same reason. We usually pack with bubblewrap (recycled as much as possible) most of the time as it allows us to safely store it protected til pick up. We're going to trial wrapping with paper, although on a rainy day, not uncommon here in Wales, paper wrapping is the last thing you want... It's a quandary...
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
Mikey the 2nd
Organisation: New business
Interests: Work and work

Post by Mikey the 2nd »

Yep, that was my thought with the rain. The other thing is I'm terrible with names and faces and often ask what they are collecting. If its wrapped in paper I wont be able to see it. That would mean I would suddenly have to become more organised and that frightens me lol
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Post by Justintime »

Haha, yup everything gets a label of sticky tape. Im just paranoid about damaging the frames when they're leaning up against each other in storage, so bubble wrap it is , usually..
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
Abi
Organisation: AbCoStudio
Interests: Folk music

Post by Abi »

There are options for paper bubblewrap and biodegradable bubblewrap
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Post by Steve N »

Don't matter how you wrap the frames, always unwrap the frame to show the customer, they can see

A it's their picture , you have not mixed it up with someones else's :giggle: :Slap:

B It is framed the way they wanted

C there is no damage to the frame or glass

If you don't unwrap. they could drop it just around the corner from you, they take it home , unwrap it , see the damage, they forget they dropped it, bring it back wanting it mended :head: beleave be this does happen
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

We are led to believe that plastic bags are so simple and easy, but I have found that large rolls of the good old fashioned brown wrapping paper, give me far greater flexibility and brown wrapping paper is still the cheaper option as far as I can tell. I also reuse corrigated paper from moulding deliveries when the need arrises. I am thinking that we need to be more frugal as times are becoming more difficult to control our costs if we can.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
misterdiy
Organisation: Decormount
Interests: Picture framing, mount-cutting, photoshop et al

Post by misterdiy »

We shrink wrapped ours. Keeps them dry, you dont have to unpack to show the customer plus for those that take 9 months to collect their work, it still looks as crisp as the day it was framed