Have a website and need an online shop

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
mikeallen
Organisation: amateur photographer
Interests: Photography

Have a website and need an online shop

Post by mikeallen »

It's been a long tme since Ive been on here - my other career took me elsewhere. But just a quick heads up for anyone reading this, you can be techy or non techy - if you are wanting to sell your work via your website or even any social media type platform and want something that is free to use etc - then have a look at ecwid - it's a free and easy do it yourself ecommerce app. It is free for up to 10 products (so you can test the waters) , once you have set it up - you just copy / past 5 lines of text into any webpage and hey presto your shop appears.

Ping me a message if you need any advice - and I'll try and help. Of course if you dont have a website and dont want to sell stuff online then this isnt for you :) - happy new year all
Keep calm and carry on I use these for my Mounts and general stuff
Picture Mounts - Made to measure mounts and things
Rainbow
Organisation: Picture sales and framing
Interests: varied

Re: Have a website and need an online shop

Post by Rainbow »

^ I don't think the above link is correct because it takes you to a website called ecwids.co.uk (ecwids with an 's'). And then when you go to the Pricing page and click 'more', it takes you to a different site altogether about a referral program called ambassador.

I think the ecommerce site Ecwid is at https://ecwid.com. Ecwid have an entry on Trustpilot.com where they mention being the subject of a recent scam.

I've used Ecwid in the past and found it easy to use, although I haven't used it for quite a while.

I didn't realise until just now when I looked into it that it was a Russian company, but it appears that it's now been bought out by Lightspeed, a Canadian company.

Perhaps someone else can throw some more light on this?
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Post by StevenG »

I've looked at it - I'd avoid it like the plague.
mikeallen

Post by mikeallen »

Oh blimey - I didnt realise that - can this thread be deleted , I do not want to give any credit to a russian based company etc
Rainbow

Post by Rainbow »

@StevenG, I'm not sure which web site you're referring to, or why, when you said you'd avoid it like the plague. I'd agree as far as the link in the first post is concerned, but the correct web site - ecwid.com - is genuine and quite a well-known ecommerce site which has been around for a long time.

@mikeallen - it's not a Russian company any more, although I gather the founder is still working for the company. However, he appears to be a Ukraine sympathiser and does not still live in Russia. I can provide links to sites which have given me this reassurance if anyone wants. I'm in the throes of doing a bit of research into ecommerce sites, but for a different reason other than framing.
StevenG
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Post by StevenG »

https://www.ecwids.co.uk/ looks like someone knocked it out in 2mins. It offers me no sense of security or professionalism - I may be wrong but it's a no from me
Rainbow

Post by Rainbow »

@SteveG - the link you've posted isn't the Ecwid ecommerce site. See the post I made giving the correct link, the second one down, after the original post.
StevenG

Post by StevenG »

Ah!!! yes! - I stand corrected, I was looking at the link from the initial post. Sorry, I don't know how I didn't see your reply. Sorry about all that :oops:
mikeallen

Post by mikeallen »

I did check and they are in the UK - Hay’s Lane House, 2nd floor, 1 Hay’s Lane, London, SE1 2HD, United Kingdom
Private limited company incorporated in England and Wales under registered number 9381839
VAT number: GB 213740733
GeoSpectrum
Organisation: Ashcraft Framing
Interests: Family, x-country skiing, wine, art, Jazz

Post by GeoSpectrum »

I can highly recommended EKM for ecommerce websites if anyone is looking. Not the cheapest but excellent service and UK owned and based and no additional changes for things which should be standard.
Alan Huntley
Ashcraft Framing
Bespoke Easels and Self-assembly tray frames
http://www.ashcraftframing.co.uk