Framing Order Forms

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
More So

Framing Order Forms

Post by More So »

Hi Everybody,

In the UK, NEBS are offering a pre-printed three part framing form.

It seems to fulfill all the requirements of a framing form/invoice, but at £59.42 per 150 plus carriage plus VAT the price seems a bit excessive.

Are there any cheaper alternatives?

Thank you

MS
JFeig
Organisation: minoxy, LLC
Interests: non-fiction knowledge

custom order form

Post by JFeig »

I designed a work order to fit my needs. It can be a full sheet 1/2 sheet or whatever. I used a spreadsheet for the design so that I could use the borders to make boxes easily. After printing a copy on my computer laser printer I took the "original" to a local printer to have 3 ply copies made on carbonless paper.

The carbonless paper is far more expensive that standard copier paper. A case of carbonless will cost about $150US vs $20US for the same 5000 sheets (10 reams).

If you want I can Email the spreadsheet file to you. (Quatro Pro) that can be converted to Excel.

Jerry
Jerome Feig CPF®
http://www.minoxy.com
markw

Post by markw »

The sponsor of this forum produce a framing estimating program that creates a very good invoice / works order form that can be printed out at A4 or A5 size with as many copies as required.
Framing Norah

Post by Framing Norah »

Brilliant!

Never thought of that. So apart from any other justification for using the computer for pricing at point of sale, the software outlay is easily recovered on paper costs alone.

It's too easy. There's bound to be a catch.
FN
markw

Post by markw »

I probably sound as if i am on commission (usual fee please John) but using a pricing program at point of sale has many advantages - consistent pricing being one - the power of a simple machines ability to silence the "is that your best price" brigade (no! my best price is double the figure I just mentioned - normal answer). The home page for EST has a list somewhere of almost all the pricing programmes available. Being just slightly biased as I have used EST for years - I honestly dont know how I would work without it.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

This is the site you are referring to Mark: -
http://www.getthepictureframing.com/gfaq/software.htm
It has a wealth of information and allows you to make rough comparisons of just about all the software available. Mostly US, though the main UK players are there as well.
More So

Post by More So »

Jerome,

It would be great to get a copy of your form, I've sent you a PM via the forum.

Do you use the computer to fill in your printed form, or do you fill it out by hand?

Thanks for your help,

MS
More So

Post by More So »

Many thanks Jerome. Your form has given me food for thought.
You will never get the last word on a belligerent buffoon
JFeig
Organisation: minoxy, LLC
Interests: non-fiction knowledge

form

Post by JFeig »

glad to be of assistance
Jerome Feig CPF®
http://www.minoxy.com