PAYE real time information

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

PAYE real time information

Post by Not your average framer »

Does anyone know anything about the new way of doing PAYE? Like everyone else, I had a notice from HMRC that I will be required to operate real time reporting, but I can't find any detailed information about this anywhere. :?

Even asking the staff on the HMRC PAYE helpline don't yet seem to be able to tell me much about this. To date I pay my accountant to prepare wage slips for my staff and he emails them to me and I print them out, but there are delays in the system.

I'm assuming that these reports have to occur during the same day as wages are paid and when allowing for internet outages, etc. Until I know more, I am concerned as to how I can be sure that payments will always be reported to HMRC on time as there are fines for being late. :(

Considering the fact that govenment has stated that it's policy is to cut the red tape for small businesses and that it wants to enable small businesses to employ more people, it is obvious to me that this new PAYE directive will accomplish the exact opposite. :Slap:
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Re: PAYE real time information

Post by Merlin »

John GCF
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Thaks Merlin,

I've already seen that, but it does not tell me what I want to know, such as what happens if there is an internet outage with my internet provider or my accountants internet provider, if my accountant is on holiday for two weeks, or what the permissible time window is for notifying payments.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Abacus
Organisation: Abacus Picture Framing and Gallery
Interests: Picture Framing, Furniture making.

Post by Abacus »

Not your average framer wrote: if my accountant is on holiday for two weeks, or what the permissible time window is for notifying payments.
From hmrc website:

"You can send your FPS to HMRC in advance, so if for example payroll staff are going on holiday for two weeks, they can make three separate weekly submissions immediately, one after the other, before they leave."

Still looking for answers to the 'Internet down' questions
Abacus
Organisation: Abacus Picture Framing and Gallery
Interests: Picture Framing, Furniture making.

Post by Abacus »

Not your average framer wrote:what happens if there is an internet outage with my internet provider or my accountants internet provider.
Rti will actually form part of the payroll process, so I suppose no Internet = no payroll

I actually do my payroll on the Internet anyway, so the above is already true.

You have until the 19th of he following month to report with no penalty.

Hope this helps