corricor III

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
markw

corricor III

Post by markw »

I had a conversation with Peter White of Byron at the NEC regarding Corricor III - Nothing sticks to it . Peter claims that the waterproofing has been changed and all tapes now stick - in my opinion they dont so i dont use CorricorIII - I use the original version which sticks wonderfully - New version coming out for conservation backing - i noticed it didnt have a water resistant surface - I wonder why? - anybody have the same experience as me with the water resistant version?
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Hi Mark
I too had a conversation with Byron. We use Corricor III and we use 'ECO+' self adhesive tape, with no problem at all.. But Sshhh dont tell the FATG that...

Down here with the damp cottages we really do need this type of backing board and have tried the brown gummed paper tape. That just did not stick at all.

so went back to the ECO+ tape
John GCF
markw

Post by markw »

Byron claim to have reformulated the waterproof coating to allow all tapes to stick. from the results i have got from new stock of CIII it gives the impression that it sticks - but lifts later. The advice given was to realy wet the gummed paper tape - i use a gummed tape dispenser that thoroughly wets the tape - it doesn't stick. i havnt used Eco + but have used similar and they lift after a number of weeks ( tape used was very high quality self adhesive).

I had a conversation about CIII with a fairly distinguished FATG tester some months ago - the conclusion was that CIII would not accept Gummed tape and that the surface allowed adhesive tapes to dry out and lose their bond - new products introduced to the market should be tested for their claimed properties by the FATG - we now have the conservation corricorr Q that has a barrier layer on the inner surface of the board - we will wait for a long time for anyone at the FATG to make a pronouncment on its claimed qualities.