Valiani Utra V just purchased

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Gwickstrom
Organisation: JT gallery
Interests: Love sports and nature

Valiani Utra V just purchased

Post by Gwickstrom »

I am thinking I made a big mistake and hope to get the forums take on this. I just had the machine delivered and it was banged up comming off the truck. Its pretty loud and clunky when cutting and I am worried it maybe damaged. I searched UTUBE for a video to compare the sound but non of the videos have sound for the Utra V? Any owners want to share a video of your Utra CMC? Or are they really loud? The second concern is support.
Does the machine work well enough that you don't need support? The support they have in the US is great but it's just one guy. I am really shocked as I thought this was a big company. I know they are working on their support staff . Should I be concerned or do these machines run like a workhorse ?
Thanks for your input
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Re: Valiani Utra V just purchased

Post by IFGL »

we have the model before yours, the mat pro ixv, there is a video with sound on our website, click the framing tab then halfway down the page the mount cutting tab.
www.inframegallery.com
yorkframing
Organisation: York Framing Studio
Interests: Photography & Astronomy

Post by yorkframing »

Can you take a video of it on your phone and post on here?

I have the CMCix but i'm sure we can tell if we hear it.

Valiani is a great company and i'm sure any problems can be sorted quickly either through your distributor or direct with Valiani.

See if you can post a sound clip or video first and will take a look
Gwickstrom

Post by Gwickstrom »

Thanks for the video. It is a loud machine.. Mine sounds the same. What is weight on your machine? I purchased the stand so I could mount it on a flat file. I am trying to save space...
Gwickstrom

Post by Gwickstrom »

I am returning this machine. It's dented , scratched missing parts. It's a paper weight in our store. They can't come out out until mid April to fix it. Unbelievable! Its a new machine. 30,000!
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Gwickstrom wrote:I am thinking I made a big mistake and hope to get the forums take on this. I just had the machine delivered and it was banged up comming off the truck.
Why did you accept it then. If it was 'banged up coming off the truck'

Surely not Valiani's fault
John GCF
GeoSpectrum
Organisation: Ashcraft Framing
Interests: Family, x-country skiing, wine, art, Jazz

Post by GeoSpectrum »

Take advice. 30,0000 is a significant chunk of one half of a contract.
Alan Huntley
Ashcraft Framing
Bespoke Easels and Self-assembly tray frames
http://www.ashcraftframing.co.uk
Trinity
Organisation: Trinity Framing
Interests: Classic Tractors, Honda Blackbird, Eunos, anything with an engine

Post by Trinity »

I'm not sure how much 30000 whatsits are worthits, but I think I'd have seen one in the flesh and running and making a noise, before parting with my pounds. It sounds more like a carrier problem doesn't it? You might get a better response and cooperation by holding fire on the Exocets.
Do not be afraid of strangers, for thereby many have entertained angels unawares.
Gwickstrom

Post by Gwickstrom »

The rep from Valiani accepted the shipment I didnt. After writing a letter to the distributor they came out and repaired most of it so I could get some work done. It was an expensive paper weight I had in my store!
I hope we are off to a better start and I can post how great this machine is.
Gwickstrom

Post by Gwickstrom »

This machine did not work out. It could not nest a 40x60 Mat without the mats moving on the table,
I will say they are atop notch company and stood behind thier word. We have a unique situation. We purchased a Gunnar this time..Had them test with Rising mat board in their Seattle office to nest using felt as a back on the machine. They sent us samples and it looked good. They sent us a video and it works great. They installed the Gunnar a weeks ago and the Rising mat does not cut well with the new machine we purchased. It works fine with their machine in Seattle but not on our machine. They want us to send samples of the rising matboard to Switzerland .. I just don't get it.. Rising has been around for some time.. It's a good matboard and yet my 40k investment can't cut it? I am lost for words..
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

We have no problem cutting Rising Mat boards on our Valiani, neither does the mat board move about when cutting nests at 40 x 60 inches, you do however have to use your head, if you lassarate the board enough it will lose it's integrity, a slight bow in the board will cause it to rip, no CMC is magic, at $40000 these are entry level machines and you have to be realistic on the capability, a $90000 machine AKA gunnar 4001 has a three phase vacuum which is considerably more powerful.
markw

Post by markw »

Cutting nested mounts on a Valiani shouldn't be a problem. Cutting multiple mounts (un-nested) would be, without a vacuum bed. To have problems with two different machines from different manufacturers it sounds as if the problem may lie with your understanding of the machines capabilities.
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

Never have a problem with the trucut cutting a mixed array of mounts on a clamp machine. Its all about the order in which they cut. The mounts should be cut from the top right and work back to the bottom left, that way the board should still support the mounts as they are cut. Don't know about the gunnar but that is how the trucut works.
markw

Post by markw »

The Valiani when cutting a linear straight cut between the mounts will just go in straight lines - thus the need for a vacuum bed. Forget that and you have bits of mount sliding all over the place. but its only in that mode. My point being that you have options and you need to know a little bit about how the machine works to get good results.