Shock.... Speedframe Lincoln up for sale.

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
ComeOnYouReds!
Organisation: Our house
Interests: Trying to get it right first time.

Shock.... Speedframe Lincoln up for sale.

Post by ComeOnYouReds! »

Wanting 250,000 plus stock at value. Package has to include all the current staff.
Come on then all you wealthy framers in yer little garages... now's the time to think big !!
prospero

Re: Shock.... Speedframe Lincoln up for sale.

Post by prospero »

Blimey. :shock:
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I may be wrong, but isn't Speedframe a fast turnaround bargain price operation. If that's true, being a the bottom end of the market, with a business model that relies upon volume might not make for such an easy life in the current recession. Just a thought!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

Which recession are we in Mark!!!!!

A recession is a negative economic growth for two consecutive quarters and I don't think we have had that yet.

Talk like that is what got us into the last one, all that BBC negativity.
Not your average framer
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Hi Allister,

You are no doubt in a economically better part of the country to me. Rural Devon hasn't yet recovered from when it all when down hill in 2008 and now people are hanging onto their money over-reacting to all this negative talk about brexit.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Mark Thornton
Organisation: Underpinner Spares
Interests: Red wine - lots and lots of it.

Post by Mark Thornton »

I may be wrong, but isn't Speedframe a fast turnaround bargain price operation
You are very very wrong, Speedframe Lincoln is the complete opposite and produces bespoke frames to a very high quality.

Mark
https://www.underpinner-spares.co.uk Framing equipment spare parts - Easy online ordering
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

That might be the case Mark but we are not in a recession, and haven't been for quite a while.

You are just as guilty of talking the economy down as all your potential customers in rural devon. If you watch the news the economy isn't to bad at the moment all things considering, it actually grew by 0.5% post brexit better than the predictions.
Not your average framer

Mark Thornton wrote:Speedframe Lincoln is the complete opposite and produces bespoke frames to a very high quality. Mark
Thank you for correcting me. At times we do see older items brought in for re-framing in some rather naff aluminium frames with labels from company called "Speedframe", or "Speedframes" on the back. I was led to understood that this was a chain of discount framing shops at one time.

I also got some packs of different cut sizes of acrylic glazing that came from buying the contents of a framing shop in Totnes which also are labelled with the name "Speedframe". Was there also a supplier at one time called Speedframe?
Mark Lacey

― Geoffrey Chaucer
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

Are you thinking of fast frame mark?
Trinity
Organisation: Trinity Framing
Interests: Classic Tractors, Honda Blackbird, Eunos, anything with an engine

Post by Trinity »

£250k+ stock is a think big reason to stay in the garage. Another way of cracking these types of nut is to pay an element up front and so much / annum out of profits, it shares the risk. Goldmines can soon be undermined.
Do not be afraid of strangers, for thereby many have entertained angels unawares.
Jamesnkr

Post by Jamesnkr »

They had stock of 75k, at the end of last year. That's a heck of a lot of stock. (Isn't it?) Presumably they haven't more than two months' stock at hand, and if their supplier payment terms are 1 month, creditors in respect of stock are 37k.

Hard to work out profitability from the accounts, but they have year end creditors of £56k. Given the above assumption that suggests £19k for corporation tax creditors and so 95k annual profits before tax. Add in 8k salary for each of the two director-shareholders, and quite possibly pension contributions as well.

So on this estimate they're valuing goodwill at 2.5 times annual profits. Any views? (Actually a bit less as they do have other fixed assests.)

Anyway, who can come up with £325k?