Seasons Greetings

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
whitbyframer
Organisation: Whitby Picture Framing
Interests: Walking when my back allows me, photography, travel, cars, gaming on the PC

Seasons Greetings

Post by whitbyframer »

Hi everyone. I'm Derek and, along with my wife Anita, have taken the plunge and set up our own small framing business in the lovely town of Whitby in North Yorkshire.

I've been involved with the industry on and off for nearly thirty years having run and owned trade counters, worked as a sales agent, and owning an art gallery at one point. With the demise of our full-time teaching careers we've decided to return to the industry and operate the workshop alongside our other jobs.

Although having a lot of experience within the industry, I've never had my own workshop before although my dad used to have one that I would use when I needed frames.

It's only a small business and, having opened in December, I've already discovered that I'm having to learn things that I'd forgotten about having been away from the manufacturing side for 20 years. With second hand equipment purchased and a basic website set up, we're up and running and looking forward to working with the local people.

I've only just found out about this forum and look forward to joining in some discussions.
poliopete
Organisation: Annie Lou Fine Framing
Interests: Caring for my wife, Picture Framing and Natural History

Re: Seasons Greetings

Post by poliopete »

Welcome Derek and Anita to the FF. :D

Very best of luck with your new venture.

Any framing questions you have, no matter what, fire away :wink:
Rainbow
Organisation: Picture sales and framing
Interests: varied

Re: Seasons Greetings

Post by Rainbow »

Welcome, and good luck with your new framing business :)