Hello all

Say hello, and tell us a little about yourself.
Hang Around
Organisation: Hang Around Art & Frames
Interests: Dogs, Cinema and Friends

Hello all

Post by Hang Around »

Hi all,

Glad there's so many helpful framers out there, I'm in the process of buying a framing business from my current boss who decided she'd had enough after 24years! I love framing so a no brainer really to buy the business. I'm just getting my head around Estlite for pricing the frames as the method my boss had was ancient and she's probably been underselling herself for years!

I'm sure I'll be back here soon with lots of queries!! :lol:
poliopete
Organisation: Annie Lou Fine Framing
Interests: Caring for my wife, Picture Framing and Natural History

Re: Hello all

Post by poliopete »

Good evening Hang Around :D

Welcome to the FF.

Hope things work out for you and good luck with the purchase.

Peter.
Jamesnkr

Post by Jamesnkr »

When buying a picture-framing business beware overpaying. Firstly for the stock. There may be miles of moulding in stock that has been in stock for many years as nobody will buy it; second-hand moulding may be worth very little. And secondly for the goodwill of the business. And thirdly for the machinery which may well be twenty-four years old.

I'm sure you have this all in mind already. 8)
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Quite a lot of older equipment can be refurbished and brought up to close to new condition. If the price is right and the manufacturer still supports that particular item and model, it can be worthwhile. The majority of my equipment was bought secondhand and where neccessary I did the necessary refurbishing. Just do your homework about items you wish to buy and check the condition and performance of the item before you part with your cash.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer