PFM

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
markw

PFM

Post by markw »

Some months ago i subscribed to Picture Framing Magazine - it dropped through my letter box today. What a fantastic magazine - So many articles of practicle use to framers.

Having watched the grumble for a few years and generally observed the American picture framing market i am always impressed that they seem to be far more profesional about how they do business - from the suppliers right through to the one man frame shop. Perhaps its because they have a Profesional Picture Framers Association - with the emphasis on framers - we seem to have a need to encompass the whole fine art business with the Fine Art Trade Guild.

Back to the PFM - excellent addition to the two uk trade mags Picture Business and Art Business Today - with - in my opinion - a little more focus on framing. ( yes i am basing this on one mag - next one may be pants - but impressed so far).
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

Mark

PFM is a great journal ………and they have been sponsors of the Grumble for many years…..BTW if you go online to the PFM you can access most of there back articles……..there is literally hundreds of hours of good reading there…..

If you are a member of the PPFA you will also get a monthly “For Members Only” journal as part of your membership package……….it’s worth the US$25 trial membership offer the PPFA have at present to just check the PPFA .............
mick11

Post by mick11 »

Hi Dermot

Have had a look at the PPFA site. How do you get membership as I can only see USA Canada Australia application forms.
Mick
Framing Norah

Post by Framing Norah »

So PFM has not noticed that The Grumble is just a group of "whingers"?

Shouldn't someone point out the horrendous damage they are doing to themselves by being associated with such a forum? :?:
FN
sarah

Post by sarah »

Framing Norah wrote:So PFM has not noticed that The Grumble is just a group of "whingers"?

Shouldn't someone point out the horrendous damage they are doing to themselves by being associated with such a forum? :?:
:wink: :wink:

Love the way you think Norah. Sarcasm is a fantastic thing.
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

Email Cathy Filter cfilter@pmai.org and she will send you the details and the trial application form, you will be priced in US$ but will be invoiced in UK£ from the PMA office in Birmingham UK this is for administrative reasons…….any problems Cathy is your contact……she is a star….the whole process takes about 6 weeks to work through.
mick11

Post by mick11 »

Dermot,
Many thanks for your quick reply
Mick