PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
boscawen46
Organisation: james frederick
Interests: framing,woodwork

Advice regarding Valiani cms120 mountcutter

Post by boscawen46 »

Hi,
I have recently bought a Valiani cms 120 mountcutter. It is old but in good condition but I have a couple of questions that don't seem to be covered in the rather basic manual.
The machine is pneumatic in the rescpect that it clamps the mountboard sheet before cutting but the cutter head movement and blade plunge is completely manual. The blade plunge is carried out by pushing in the black knob as seen in the photo but I need to know if that knob should be staying in automatically once pressed ( and releases when the 90% turn is made) or does it need to be held in place during a cut by the hand.
Also regarding pressure from my small compressor to the machine. The compressor is set to give out air at a pressure of 8 bar and I need to know if that is too much or correct for this machine.
Thanks in advance
valiani.jpg
valiani.jpg (80.19 KiB) Viewed 2504 times
boscawen46
Organisation: james frederick
Interests: framing,woodwork

Re: Advice regarding Valiani cms120 mountcutter

Post by boscawen46 »

Any ideas ?
Thanks
Steve N
Organisation: Frontier Picture Frames ltd
Interests: Walking our retired Greyhound,art, falling asleep on sofa in front of the telly

Re: Advice regarding Valiani cms120 mountcutter

Post by Steve N »

I have only used one with a pneumatic head, so just had to press a couple of buttons to turn the head and blade plunge, have you tried using it with the black knob held in place and without holding it in place, you shouldn't do any harm experimenting :sweating:

As to the pressure, well my full blown CMC working pressure is 6bar, so I would lower it, try it on 4 bar, see if it holds the mount in place, if not go up to 6 bar
Steve CEO GCF (020)
Believed in Time Travel since 2035

Proud to sell Ready Made Frames
http://www.frontierpictureframes.com
http://www.designerpicturemounts.com/