Valiani manuals and Software.? andyone have a PDF manual they could send me.?

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Klackers2018
Organisation: Vintage Graphics
Interests: collecting photographs and cameras

Valiani manuals and Software.? andyone have a PDF manual they could send me.?

Post by Klackers2018 »

Hi,

i have been offered a 200 Valiani cmc Mat cutter at a price I can afford.

but it does. not come with software, or computer. (the owner has updated to newer machine)

I have tried contacting Valiani, though their web site, but no reply.

beint totally at a loss on windows computers and with no access to any manual, i don't know what model computer to buy, (Parallel ports or USB.? Ram requirements, ?, etc)

so asking if any one using such may have a PDF of the manual could they please email me a copy. apbarrie52@dodo.com.au

as I would like to read though to see what I may need.

are there any other agents out there that may be able help me please.

Regards, Sandy
Klackers2018

Re: Valiani manuals and Software.? andyone have a PDF manual they could send me.?

Post by Klackers2018 »

sorry my bad typing. the machine in question is a 2009 model.
JKX
Organisation: None - retired
Interests: Gardening. Walking. DIY. Retired framer of 20 plus years, keeping my hand in.

Re: Valiani manuals and Software.? andyone have a PDF manual they could send me.?

Post by JKX »

I’m not sure you can get a PDF manual, the manual is in the software.

Simons are the main agents but mainline are also an agent, they can sell you the software. which also comes with team viewer built in, so they can also set it up on line with you.

You’ll need to give them your machine serial No to make sure it’s compatible with V studio but mine was also 2009 and was fine

PC requirements here

https://graphcom.gr/upload/files/MHXANH ... re_web.pdf
John Turner

The ex framer Formerly Known As RoboFramer.
Klackers2018

Post by Klackers2018 »

Hi,

thank you for the link.

have been in Mac since 1985 (had the second Macintoah into Queensland. a Big Mac 512k)

but never used a windows computer...

since that specs calls of a Pentium, i may have to buy a second hand computer.? and i dont know of any pentiums in retail sale in brisbane at present.

and as for setting up an installation, i would be totally lost. may have to cal on a friend who is a windoww nut.

regards, from Freezing col Ipswich, Queensland, Australia.
Sandy
JKX
Interests: Gardening. Walking. DIY. Retired framer of 20 plus years, keeping my hand in.

Post by JKX »

The Valiani distributor in Austrralia is Antons - going by their youtube tutorial videos they are very good.

Regards set up, it can be done remotely via team viewer - they take over your PC and can chat at the same time - if they will include that in the price of the software of course. Valiani themselves did mine from Italy but since then have come under new ownership.

Speak to Antons :-)

https://www.antons.com.au/en/machinery/ ... io-vstudio
John Turner

JFeig
Organisation: minoxy, LLC
Interests: non-fiction knowledge

Post by JFeig »

Did the sale include the drivers(firmware software and controller plugin board) for the servo motors in the machine? If not, that will be an added cost.
Jerome Feig CPF®
http://www.minoxy.com
Klackers2018

Post by Klackers2018 »

Hi,

have not bought it yet. has a few days. as it is 200kms north of me.I will be going up to watch it working.

they are keeping the computer, to run the latest model Valiani matching that replaces this model.

I was hoping to buy a turn-key ready to run system. as have no knowledge of how to even install and set up software on a windows computer, where as I can make imac's sing. ( am wondering if it may run on an imac using the imac windows virtual program 'Parallels' ?

regards, Sandy
JKX

Post by JKX »

The software is licensed to the machine, it won't work on their new machine, unless maybe they have sorted something out somehow, but I've not heard of anything like that before. Their new machine should come wih software and if it's a Val with the same software, they can transfer their files.

Machines always come with software, new or used, the software can be installed on any compatible computer but will only work on the machine it was set up with.
John Turner

Klackers2018

Post by Klackers2018 »

thank you for the information... that is why I asked as I do not know about all these things yet..

regards, Sandy
JKX

Post by JKX »

I should have picked that up from your first post.

In 2009 the software would have been FMD (future mat designer)
If it has not been upgraded it will need a less higher spec PC but I’d recommend getting one that will take the latest software, so you can upgrade later if you want. V Studio is far better, and cloud based.
John Turner

JFeig

Post by JFeig »

Purchasing a CMC without a motion controller driver board, its firmware, and its operating software is not a complete system that is plug and play. You are chasing a pipe dream and would be better off as a person with no real world (PC) computer skills. There should be better avenues to follow. I am not saying that it cannot be done; just a lot of more work than you are bargaining for.

Even though I was introduced to main frame computers and programming in the dark ages, bought my first one(Commodore 64) in the 80's, I have tried to keep up. I do know my limitations.
Jerome Feig CPF®
JKX

Post by JKX »

I think it’s just going to need a computer by the sound of it.
John Turner

Klackers2018

Post by Klackers2018 »

it seems I have found a Turn-key Valiana 2009 system, computer and machine. so I will be going for a long drive to view & possibly buy, some time next week.

picked up an almost mint pneumatic Underpinner. so I am starting to get there.

regards, Sandy
JFeig

Post by JFeig »

Congratulations on the fine.
Jerome Feig CPF®
Klackers2018

Post by Klackers2018 »

Hi, have not bought it yet, but I seem to be the only cont so far, and theyseem to be new at ebay, only 1 feedback. "we live in interesting times".

meanwhile I have also got info back from Valiaini, that it is a windows & only software. well the seller is including the computer. so that fixes that.

don't know the software that are using, but stay tuned for more manual requests.

thanks for all the others for their input.

fingers crossed it is going to end happily... hahaha

regards, Sandy
Klackers2018

Post by Klackers2018 »

have just shook-hands, on a deal to buy a Turn Key Valiani mat cutting system that a local framer had spare..

watched it work, and the guy was obviously a hard worked expert.. and what was better for him, is that I will NOT be using it to go into competition against him, as I will only be matting & framing my own printed out posters...

as he is run ragged by his work and shop, i would not want to bother him if i get into trouble... after all he does not need a newbie like me tying him down.

so I hope those here in this forum may be able to put up with my questions if i hit corners etc.

and should my business get big enough that I may latter be able to afford the latest version. I will pass this on cheaply again.

thanks for all for the advise.

regards, Sandy. (Scottish for Alexander)