framers mate useful tool!

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
kev@frames
Posts: 1951
Joined: Mon 09 Jan, 2006 12:06 am
Location: Penzance Cornwall UK
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...
Location: West Cornwall, UK
Contact:

framers mate useful tool!

Post by kev@frames »

http://www.framersmate.com.au/demo_userguide.html
I just got to make me one of these!
WelshFramer
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:03 am
Location: Llanwrtyd Wells
Organisation: Neuadd Bwll Framing
Interests: Does running a framing business leave any time for interests?
Location: Llanwrtyd Wells
Contact:

Post by WelshFramer »

I normally use my fingers but the 45 degree groove looks useful. Do you think I should put one in one of my fingers or do you think the thumb would be a better idea?
Mike Cotterell
Neuadd Bwll Framing

http://www.welshframing.com
welshframing
kev@frames
Posts: 1951
Joined: Mon 09 Jan, 2006 12:06 am
Location: Penzance Cornwall UK
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...
Location: West Cornwall, UK
Contact:

Post by kev@frames »

Depends whether the framers ruler tattooed on your forearm is metric or imperial, really. ;)
absolute framing
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon 03 Oct, 2005 11:19 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Organisation: Absolute Framing
Interests: Reading the Lion Catalogue
Contact:

Post by absolute framing »

Think they went through the forum and got our e-mail addresses.

I got a mail from them this morning.

in my opinion its a solution to a problem i dont have !
and if i did, i could get a rectangular piece of plastic from somewhere :lol:
Stephen Strahan
The Crofter
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed 03 Oct, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: Shrewsbury
Organisation: Sutherland Arts & Crafts
Interests: Photography
Location: Shrewsbury
Contact:

Post by The Crofter »

Had to laugh when I saw it was patent pending.

Personally I have 4 of these on each hand as well as two other devices for the tricky angles.

Also noticed just how long it took to seal the back compared with old fashioned digits.
Pat
WelshFramer
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:03 am
Location: Llanwrtyd Wells
Organisation: Neuadd Bwll Framing
Interests: Does running a framing business leave any time for interests?
Location: Llanwrtyd Wells
Contact:

Post by WelshFramer »

The Crofter wrote: Also noticed just how long it took to seal the back compared with old fashioned digits.
And that didn't include the half hour spent trying to find it.
Mike Cotterell
Neuadd Bwll Framing

http://www.welshframing.com
welshframing
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

WelshFramer wrote: And that didn't include the half hour spent trying to find it.
thats a problem in our workshop, can spend hours looking for one of the 6 scalpels we have, they all seem to disappear, oh them and Measuring tapes.
User avatar
Bill Henry
Posts: 935
Joined: Wed 28 Mar, 2007 8:38 pm
Location: Litchfield, NH USA
Organisation: Not so much - it's kind of messy.
Interests: Dry mounting dog hair, counting age spots on old people, playing chess with wood elves, scheming to take over the world.
Location: Litchfield, NH USA
Contact:

Post by Bill Henry »

I don’t fit my frames with tape like you guys do, so it wouldn’t interest me from the get-go. But, it seems to be a bit over engineered to me.

It reminds me of a pharmaceutical company that has developed a cure for a disease that nobody has.
Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent! – Porky Pine
osgood

Post by osgood »

The Crofter wrote: Personally I have 4 of these on each hand as well as two other devices for the tricky angles.

Also noticed just how long it took to seal the back compared with old fashioned digits.
After 23 years of pressing down backing tape, there is almost no fingerprint on the right index one and several of them are quite sore some days. It does take a toll!

I think this tool might have some value to some people! I'm not knocking it just yet!
kev@frames
Posts: 1951
Joined: Mon 09 Jan, 2006 12:06 am
Location: Penzance Cornwall UK
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...
Location: West Cornwall, UK
Contact:

Post by kev@frames »

Bill Henry wrote:....
It reminds me of a pharmaceutical company that has developed a cure for a disease that nobody has.
I think I've got that. I take these tablets to make me think im hallucinating, then life doesn't seem so bad, because it isn't real. is it.

is it

bugger :shock:
osgood

Post by osgood »

Kev,
No it isn't real.............you're hallucinating aren't you? It's a fragment of your imagination getting very excited!
Moglet
Posts: 3485
Joined: Mon 25 Jun, 2007 5:43 pm
Location: The Shire
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.
Contact:

Post by Moglet »

kev@frames wrote:I take these tablets to make me think im hallucinating, then life doesn't seem so bad...
Couldn't let me have the number of your GP, by any chance? :wink:
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
kev@frames
Posts: 1951
Joined: Mon 09 Jan, 2006 12:06 am
Location: Penzance Cornwall UK
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...
Location: West Cornwall, UK
Contact:

Post by kev@frames »

GP :shock:

;)
Martin Harrold
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri 24 Nov, 2006 12:48 pm
Location: Birmingham
Organisation: MD of Lion / Member of Executive of FATG
Interests: Developing the business, making our customers happy, skiing, racing my 2CV, enjoying two wonderful grandchildren, etc . . .
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Post by Martin Harrold »

A sample of this tool just landed in my office from Oz.

First one to ask can borrow it for trial and comment.
Martin Harrold
md LION PFS Ltd
m 07973 303982
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

can i try it please Martin?
The Jolly Good Framer #1

Post by The Jolly Good Framer #1 »

DOH! just too late! :x
User avatar
MITREMAN
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu 07 Feb, 2008 8:05 pm
Location: Norwich, Norfolk
Organisation: Framers Equipment Ltd
Interests: Conservation & box Framing memorabilia, Fishing, Sports, Keeping fit & healthy, Supporting Southend United, Computing, Cooking, Ale drinking (Camra Member), Eating out, films, Music and Concerts, DIY, Socialising, Walking, Holidays, Forest School, Wood Carving, Grandchildren and anything else I can fit in.
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Post by MITREMAN »

Grahame Case wrote: thats a problem in our workshop, can spend hours looking for one of the 6 scalpels we have, they all seem to disappear, oh them and Measuring tapes.
Hi Grahame,
Like yourself I kept loosing my scaples (lost my scrooples years ago) :idea: I collected some wine corks, as I have been know to like the odd glass of red wine and re-cycling, squashed them into a small tobbacco tin to form a mat which I now use to push my scaples in when not in use, saves me cutting myself when searcing the workbench. As for the tape I a got big bright orange one :oops: and some steel rules, I still loose the rules when I forget to hang them up.
Cheers MITREMAN
Martin Harrold
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri 24 Nov, 2006 12:48 pm
Location: Birmingham
Organisation: MD of Lion / Member of Executive of FATG
Interests: Developing the business, making our customers happy, skiing, racing my 2CV, enjoying two wonderful grandchildren, etc . . .
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Of course

Post by Martin Harrold »

Graham - I've just caught up with this thread. Yes, I'm on hols next week, and will send it on the week after.
Martin Harrold
md LION PFS Ltd
m 07973 303982
Martin Harrold
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri 24 Nov, 2006 12:48 pm
Location: Birmingham
Organisation: MD of Lion / Member of Executive of FATG
Interests: Developing the business, making our customers happy, skiing, racing my 2CV, enjoying two wonderful grandchildren, etc . . .
Location: Birmingham
Contact:

Send it on

Post by Martin Harrold »

Ah - read down a bit further - maybe you can send it on to our East Anglian friend. Now, is he a tractorman or a canary? (let him explain)
Martin Harrold
md LION PFS Ltd
m 07973 303982
Mary Case GCF

Re: Send it on

Post by Mary Case GCF »

Martin Harrold wrote:Ah - read down a bit further - maybe you can send it on to our East Anglian friend. Now, is he a tractorman or a canary? (let him explain)
not a problem martin, we shall pass it on to him, i presume canary is in reference to Norwich? :)
Post Reply