Get help and framing advice from the framing community
girlfromkent
Organisation: None
Interests: Printmaking & ceramics

Washlines

Post by girlfromkent »

Hello you talented bunch
(getting in early with the flattery)

I have a customer who wants washlines. I have trained to do them but that was a few years back and since then I think I've done about 3. I'm OK with the basics but she wants two green lines with a fill, then gold lines either side of that, one slightly thinner than the other if possible. 2 of them. Glass size is 400x510, 50/60 mm double mount.

Both I and my assistant had a go yesterday and there's just too many elements. Basically, we suck at it.

Is there anyone out there who would take this on as an outsource and post them to me?

I've told her I'm incompetent so she's expecting a delay while I try to find someone with experience.
JKX
Organisation: None - retired
Interests: Gardening. Walking. DIY. Retired framer of 20 plus years, keeping my hand in.

Re: Washlines

Post by JKX »

Something I loved doing.

If you google "Picture framing washlines" there are some results, but this is the first and they offer the service to trade customers.

https://www.devonshire-fine-art.co.uk/m ... tail-3.htm

John Turner

The ex framer Formerly Known As RoboFramer.
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Post by Justintime »

Mark Wallington will be demonstrating wash lines etc at the Expo in Stratford on 23rd, if you can wait that long? He makes it look so easy, but with plenty of practice, the corner guage tool and a Keencut ruler well... it is! Just don't drink too much coffee before you start 😂
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
Timh
Organisation: kingswood frames and mirors
Interests: framing and framing history manufacture of mouldings and decorated frames

Post by Timh »

I still do washlines.
Pm me or call me on 01938 554985