Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
L.frames
Organisation: The frame shed
Interests: Painting, walking, needlework

A+P+F expo

Post by L.frames »

How did the expo in Stratford-upon-Avon go today?
Interested to know how big the event was compared to previous years?
Wondered what the general consensus was?
RogerC
Organisation: Kings Stationers
Interests: Latest interest is framing - recently added to services offered by Art Shop.

Re: A+P+F expo

Post by RogerC »

Can't compare to previous years as this was our first expo, and although it was small, we found it very useful.
Met a few people, had some useful chats & demos, and now have an expensive list of kit I want to buy...

Glad we went 👍
Mohawk_Scotland
Organisation: Have it Framed Limited
Interests: Making Money

Post by Mohawk_Scotland »

I drove down from Scotland on the Saturday, and stayed overnight in the premier inn along the road from the venue.

There was a lovely social event organised by the London Branch of the FATG in the Crowne Plaza that evening and that merged into dinner with some wonderful fellow framers, printers and artists. Lots of networking and idea sharing during that pre-event social evening.

On to the event !

The Expo had over 200 attendees throughout the day, with many in attendance for all of the day. The seminars were very well attended with the one by Frame Ready being the most popular (more chairs had to be sought). Some really cool items being demonstrated, I particularly liked the Widetek 3D scanner that Permajet were showing, and I was able to look at more papers and canvases to offer when we finally unbox our 44 inch printer.

There were lots of interesting table top displays as well, showcasing different techniques.

L.frames wrote: Sun 24 Sep, 2023 8:16 pm Interested to know how big the event was compared to previous years?
Wondered what the general consensus was?
It definitely had the vibe of the first Framers Forum Live events (that were organised by some of the members here, including myself)hosted in Stratford Upon Avon in the early 2010s, lots of positivity and very upbeat.

For the first try at a new style of event, that was organised at very short notice I think it went well .

I know that planning for an even bigger and better APF Expo 2024 is already underway, so keep an eye out for an early save the date post for that shortly.
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Post by Tudor Rose »

Although you've been posting on here already recently under the Guild's login as their Social Media person, it is nice to have you back posting on the Forum under your own name again Grahame/Mohawk_Scotland.
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Master from May 2019 to May 2022
L.frames
Organisation: The frame shed
Interests: Painting, walking, needlework

Post by L.frames »

Thank you so much for the feedback, that’s all really interesting and very helpful. I didn’t realise it was such a new event. I’ll definitely look at going to the 2024 expo if it’s going ahead.
The pre exhibition evening event sounded great! What a nice idea to put on a networking opportunity the night before!!!

Thanks again fellow framers!