Wanted: Workbench (ideally with mountboard storage), mountboard storage and plan chest - Wales area

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
WannabeFramer
Organisation: Arlais Framing
Interests: Arts, crafts, framing and walking

Wanted: Workbench (ideally with mountboard storage), mountboard storage and plan chest - Wales area

Post by WannabeFramer »

In preparation for my new bigger space!! :D

Before I look at building my own, if anyone has a workbench within a couple of hours drive of mid-Wales I would be interested. Ideally with mountboard storage underneath.

Or a separate mountboard storage unit

Also a plan chest or similar.

info@arlaisframing.co.uk
Tel: 07758 219519
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Re: Wanted: Workbench (ideally with mountboard storage), mountboard storage and plan chest - Wales area

Post by Justintime »

Maybe worth mentioning...work bench height. I'm 5'11" and my workbench was constructed at 100cms height. It's a really comfortable height for working while standing for me. It's the biggest benefit of constructing your own, you can make it just the right height.
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
WannabeFramer

Re: Wanted: Workbench (ideally with mountboard storage), mountboard storage and plan chest - Wales area

Post by WannabeFramer »

Very true, I'm a bit diddier than that and my current bench is a bit too big. But it did only cost £20 from a closing down factory so I can't complain! :)

Happy to build ourselves and I do fancy making it exactly as I want. But worth an ask just in case.
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Post by Justintime »

Also really handy to have it on those wheels that go up and down, when you do need to move it, it makes it so much easier.
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I made my own, as I was broke at the time. My first shop was quite small, my secnd shop is even smaller, but if you make you own you can customerise it to best suit your available space. I made the basic framework out of 2" x 2" timber cut on the Morso, which makes it much easier.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
WannabeFramer

Post by WannabeFramer »

Hi both, apologies I'm just catching up.

Wheels - noted. And I hadn't thought of using the morso for chopping anything - thanks!

I found a complete framing set up for sale within driving distance including all the workbench/storage but alas I was too late. So I will be going down the DIY route and spending many happy hours looking and designing. First thing on the wishlist is for my mountcutter to fit.