Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Miss Eclipse
Organisation: In the Frame
Interests: Art

Moulding ideas needed, please.

Post by Miss Eclipse »

8F06E5EC-4D00-4820-9DC1-76AAA889AC72.jpeg
Need help/suggestions, please!

I have three etchings in for framing all of which would have worked beautifully with a discontinued moulding from Wessex (ROB54). I only have two metres left which isn’t nearly enough. It’s about 14mm and dark blue with a black inner.
Any suggestions? I am struggling to think what else is going to work, bar something plain black.
TIA
JKX
Organisation: None - retired
Interests: Gardening. Walking. DIY. Retired framer of 20 plus years, keeping my hand in.

Re: Moulding ideas needed, please.

Post by JKX »

A customer wants this discontinued moulding?

Silver and blue work well together but that silver can range from almost pewter/gunmetal to shiny silver.
What about a mount and the colour of that?
John Turner

The ex framer Formerly Known As RoboFramer.
Miss Eclipse
Organisation: In the Frame
Interests: Art

Post by Miss Eclipse »

I thought this moulding would be perfect as it’s a dark blue and black and I knew I had a little in stock so mentioned it to her. Sadly I don’t have enough and I have since discovered it’s discontinued by Wessex. So I am wondering what else to use. She will be fine with whatever I decide but having got it in my head, that this one is perfect....I’m not sure what alternative to use, hence my asking. Normally I can figure it out but I thought I’d ask on here in case someone knew of a similar moulding.

I do agree blue/silver work well together but these are very “dark” etchings and I’m not sure that combo would work. Initially she didn’t want them mounted either as there is a lot of thick watercolour paper. She’s an artist so they tend to be trickier.... :roll:
Rainbow
Organisation: Picture sales and framing
Interests: varied

Post by Rainbow »

I've sent you a PM.