A dolly/cart for moving packages of glass and board?

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Stina
Organisation: ER-Ramar Eftr.
Interests: Making and framing art.

A dolly/cart for moving packages of glass and board?

Post by Stina »

Hi! I’m thinking of making a dolly/cart to move the package of glass and board. Since my workshop is tiny I have to move them portrait and sideways.

All carts I have found are big and expensive so I was looking at building something like this.

Any input is much appreciated!

F75F88D5-FDCF-4999-A91B-6B1090B0ED02.jpeg
prospero

Re: A dolly/cart for moving packages of glass and board?

Post by prospero »

I made two mountboard bins with castors on for offcuts. Super simple with sheets of 12mm MDF and a few bits of
PSE softwood.

I also repurposed a computer woodstation into a portable tool/sundries caddy. :D

workstation001.jpg
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
JFeig
Organisation: minoxy, LLC
Interests: non-fiction knowledge

Post by JFeig »

For the moving of, fragile, valuable, and large items you might want to consider "A" (or a cart with strong sides) frame style carts for the added security they offer.
Jerome Feig CPF®
http://www.minoxy.com
Zac
Organisation: Self employed
Interests: Art, lit, film, good food, good drink, good gravy! Currently a freelance web developer, transitioning to a freelance framer

Post by Zac »

I made some wheeled A frame kind of things (with some help from a builder friend of mine who had the big tools) from some 20mm MDF, castors from eBay, some cut down garden trellis, some lengths of 40 x 70 cm CLS timber, some lengths of 20 x 35cm batons, cupboard door handles and bits of carpet offcuts, bubble wrap and polythene for lining the various bits. I can't remember what the costs worked out at exactly but think it was around £100 for 4.

Zac