Mounting photos on acrylic

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Coxby
Organisation: Creative Picture Framing
Interests: Art

Mounting photos on acrylic

Post by Coxby »

I've got an order from a hotel to mount poster sized photos on acrylic sheets which are to be suspended away from the wall using chrome panel supports. I have seen this before on an example which wasn't a sandwich of acrylic but the photo was adhered to the back of the panel; my question is how to those clever people mount a photo precisely in place without having to trim off the excess when the photo is shy of the edges by a couple of inches and can you use a Dry Mounting Press to do such a thing?

Alternatively I could use the old sandwich but I don't want to double the price for each panel!!!! If anyone could shed some light of how to best go about this or if you know of a firm which can, pleeeeeeeeease could you let me know? Thank you in advance. :?
Coxby
Organisation: Creative Picture Framing
Interests: Art

Post by Coxby »

To ease the embarassment of asking such an unanswerable question I have opted for the sandwich option; an example of which can be seen here http://www.luminati.co.uk/products.php?p=10_3 :wink: