Hello from France!

Something to announce to the world? Do it here.
XLR
Organisation: In Progress
Interests: Framing, Art, Galleries, Business

Hello from France!

Post by XLR »

Are there any other people on here living in France? :)

Anyway, I'm in the process of registering and launching a picture framing business in Bretagne. I found this forum after finding the thread on "ART Retail", a company I used to work for.

So far I have aquired a Morso hydraulic guillotine and an underpinner. I'm working on the mount cutter and hope to have it soon. The aim is to get one of the barns here rennovated into a nice studio/workroom/sales area by next spring. It's been a long process getting the business registered as anyone who knows French paperwork will understand! I won't be able to look for business until November at the earliest due to the registration process so at the moment I'm just planning on framing my own paintings and those of family and friends.

I hope this forum will prove useful as no doubt I will have many questions over the coming months!
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Tech Support
Interests: Forums and stuff

Re: Hello from France!

Post by John »

Welcome to the forum XLR.

And good luck with your venture.
XLR
Organisation: In Progress
Interests: Framing, Art, Galleries, Business

Post by XLR »

John wrote:Welcome to the forum XLR.

And good luck with your venture.
Thank you. Looks like a good community here. :)
foxyframer
Organisation: Hampshire Framing
Interests: Golf, DIY and baking bread,cakes, biscuits and making chilli jams and various chutneys.

Post by foxyframer »

Welcome XLR

There is a font of framing knowledge on this forum; good and sound advice for any newbie entering the business.

Good luck with the French authorities, :head: it's getting to be the same over here in Blighty.

Foxy
Measure twice - cut once
Keith Hewitt
Organisation: www.keithhewitt.co.uk
Interests: Badminton, golf, gym, and exploring new places.

Post by Keith Hewitt »

Welcome XLR,

This is a great forum, lot of very knowledgeable framers giving good free advice.
Have you found the 2 good local distribs - ATF in Rennes and Molurex at La Mine - both en Brtetagne? If you want more info just private message me.

Bon chance!
Keith Hewitt
I have visited distributors and framers in 90 countries - no two are the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XtrrWooYdg
Martin Harrold
Organisation: MD of Lion / Member of Executive of FATG
Interests: Developing the business, making our customers happy, skiing, racing my 2CV, enjoying two wonderful grandchildren, etc . . .

Post by Martin Harrold »

I bet the much travelled Keith Hewitt has not told you what he's doing over the weekend of August 9/10. Clue - it has a strong French influence!

Seriously, some may know that Lion had a French warehouse until a few years ago, north of Paris. It's not there now - very long story. But, we still have a lot of customers in France, French and ex-pats which we supply direct from Birmingham - freight rates are not too bad and the € is strong against the £.

The www.lionpic.co.uk website is being re-launched during July. Lots of clever features, one of which is that there is a French language option and prices therewill be in euros. It's been a very complicated process and there will be some unforseen bugs. It may not appeal too much to ex-pats framing in France, but it might help them with translations should they choose to deal with local suppliers.

We'd be delighted to hear from UK people running framing businesses in France, especially any that are bi-lingual. Contact: martin@lionpic.co.uk.
Martin Harrold
md LION PFS Ltd
m 07973 303982