PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

What have you Framed

Post by Merlin »

Hi All.
This Forum has slowed down a little, Hopefully that means that everybody is too busy to reply to any threads.

So to try and start the ball rolling, a Question

What is the most unusual item that you have framed?

For me,
1. A pair of 'Y' fronts. No I didnt ask.
2. A Mini Cooper steering wheel. My neice wrote off her first car and needed a memory!
3. A wedding dress (see under General Discussion). For the bedroom. Mmmm
4. A boomerang. Well Ok not unusual, just different.

Your turn.
John GCF
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Wheel nut from the Bentley that won the LeMans 24 hr race a few years back, both sides showing.

Photo of a ceasarian birth EEEEEEEW

Piece of icing in shape of a bib

Not 'unusual' but just framed a set of photos signed by Peter Osgood, bought two days before he died.
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

a stick :shock:
(the dogs owner had the dogs favourite, well loved and well chewed throwing-stick framed after the dog had died) fellow dog lovers will understand.

a japanese wedding kimono (strictly speaking i have an order for that, but im putting off doing it until i make a plan....)

A sporran on a tartan background proved challenging but worthwhile.

A hand painted plate by uri geller in a glass backed and fronted box frame. Strangely, the morso blades didnt bend while it was in the workshop, but some joker mangled all the teaspoons.

A Klingon B'atleth (sword). Interestingly this artifact had "made in China" on it, rather than "Forged on Kronos" - but who wants to upset a trekkie.

My favourite is the stick, but im an old softie.
SquareFrames
Organisation: Dromore Picture Framing / Down School of
Interests: Reading, relaxing, and funnily enough, its hard to stop thinking of framing

What Have You framed

Post by SquareFrames »

Hi Folks,

Some people ask for the very unusual......but we still do it no matter!!
Here are some that I found unusual...

1. 60 year old Russian camera (still in working order), its stalk and butt I(made it look like a real sniper's rifle) its own philips and flat head svrew drivers, leather strap, 2 empty tins for rolls of filmafter making the box, it weighed about 3 1/2 stone (mind you the price was heafy too)

2. Decoration of the top of a 40th birthday cake.......shaped like a lady lying on a beach, a cocktail drink and a book......added some soft play sand to the backing board to make it look like the beach, and gently placed the book and drink in each of her hands.....

3. Another decoration of the top of an 18th birthday cake.......in the shape of a rugby player, and as big as an action man, but 5 times as heavy...there are picture in the forum somewhere....(John could find them)

4. Full length plaster from a broken leg....hip to toe length, just because it was signed....even heavier than the camera....

5. Most difficult job so far.....NOT the framing of, but having to get an artist to re-spray a brides bouqet of flowers, as the original framer didnt take into consideration that flowers faded........aparently there is a book out there somewhere on framing flowers....after having micro-waved them....means the flowers will not loose their colour!!! Anyone seen it? I would be interested in that

6. Most unusual mis-mash as I called it.......a bestman's, tie, speech cards, place setting, napkin, napkin holder, favour box, pocket hankie, piece of the cake, (took the cake out, kept the icing), photo from the stag night, and photo from the wedding ........

7. Frame a huge amount of small teddy bears, christening dresses, cricket shirts with caps (2 x shirts and a cap in one frame from touring), militrary service cap, and the like.....

Steven
Someone Once Said 'Knowledge Is Power'
Down School of Picture Framing http://www.downschoolofpictureframing.co.uk
Ireland's Only Accredited Training School
GCF Examination Centre
Accredited Valiani Demonstration / Training Centre
Coxby
Organisation: Creative Picture Framing
Interests: Art

Post by Coxby »

3. 3 pairs of Patagonian shoes in open box frames to be hung vertically down a wall.

2. A bunch of Mccaw feathers from the 'late' owner's favourite parrot; I never knew whether the parrot died or is there an 'oven ready' bird walking about somewhere :shock:

1. A 'Jenga' piece! Given to me by the Best Man to be presented during his speech, the happy couple met during a game in the local pub! The piece is bursting through the mount to capture the fact that they were throwing the pieces at each other instead of sensibly building a tower! Yes, they do argue quite a lot :shock:

Edward Coxwell-Rogers
markw

Post by markw »

A block of wood with leather strips wound and knotted - with a 6" nail hammered through the wood - the whole piece was covered in what looked like blood stains - I didnt ask any questions but leapt to a few conclusions as I had heard a few rumours about the customer (Village gossip). It was framed very quickly with absolute minimum handling - the customer was very pleased - I was only pleased he didnt try to beat me down on the price!!!!!!
norymags
Organisation: Picture This Framers
Interests: Photography and Motor-homing.

Post by norymags »

How about a Buffy the Vampire slayer Dagger for a ten year old addict to the show as a Christmas gift!!!!all 10 inches of blade and as sharp as a scalpel. No wonder her Father wanted it under glass...