Is your interweb playing up?

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Roboframer

Is your interweb playing up?

Post by Roboframer »

Mine is!

I thought my puter was going tits up so I pressed the button on my Maxtor one touch 750 GB (don't quote me - the one someone recommended to me here some time ago!) box, which I have no idea how to get stuff back out from but am happy it has backed up my whole system, 'cause it says it has!

All sites are sloooooooow - text is fair, but click on, or try to add a photo - forget it.

I've restarted my computer about 10 times - unplugged the router incase it was overheating - things are slightly better.

But am happy it's not me - wondering if it's a local exchange problem or a wider one - or maybe me after all?
The Jolly Good Framer #1

Re: Is your interweb playing up?

Post by The Jolly Good Framer #1 »

Its OK here.
:xcomputer:
Dial 100 and ask for the operator. She might be able to help!

You may have a lot of programs running in the background. That can really slow things down.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

The Jolly Good Framer #1 wrote:
You may have a lot of programs running in the background. That can really slow things down.
Well, the Mother in law was watching X Factor, but that was about it :Slap:
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

I had the same problem today, late morning and afternoon.

Perhaps all the Ingerland footie fans were on their forums/blogs.

Apparently our £120k p.w. guys were made to work hard for a win against a bunch of ex Russian federation part-timers.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

BT will report the speed of your connection here. Just enter your telephone number.

They keep a log of the speed and quality of your connection each time you use the site, then if you report the low speed to your ISP, they can use this information to help diagnose the problem.