Keencut 5000 cutting short

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
genguskarn
Organisation: SG Refrigeration & Controls Ltd
Interests: Triathlon, swimming, Rugby League, Ocean Colour Scene and the odd beer or two

Keencut 5000 cutting short

Post by genguskarn »

Hi Forum
I am having trouble with my recently purchased Keencut 5000 cutting short by about 4mm then the measurement set on the righthand scale stop :head: :head: . Is this usual and is there anything I can do to adjust this measurement problem. I have left messages on Keencuts web message contact page but no reply as yet.

Thanks

Gengus
Get up and dance - Get up and smile
Get up and drink to the days
that are gone in the shortest while.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HpcbsvPTo ... re=related
The Crofter
Organisation: Sutherland Arts & Crafts
Interests: Photography

Re: Keencut 5000 cutting short

Post by The Crofter »

On the right hand side near the junction of the right leg and horizontal support is a small hex head screw. If you slacken this the whole right hand scale can be adjusted by sliding left or right. I think this procedure is detailed in the manual but mine is at the gallery and not to hand.
Pat
The Crofter
Organisation: Sutherland Arts & Crafts
Interests: Photography

Post by The Crofter »

5000 manual here

http://www.keencut.co.uk/sheet_material ... ual_uk.pdf

Section 5.2 details the proceedure.
Pat
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

The scale slides.

Set the stop to, say, 300mm and cut a piece of glass or board. Measure what you have cut, if it is 304mm leave the stop where it is and slide the scale to 304mm against the stop.

The scale should be difficult to slide, if it's too easy it may move when you don't want it to, but if it's a new machine that should not be the case. But if it is, remove it completely, give it a slight twist and re-insert it.

Once you have calibrated the stops, both sides, so that what you set is EXACTLY what you get when you cut, make a mark in pencil on the housing against any measurement, say 500mm so that you can see if the scale has moved, if it does all you have to do is move the scale back to that mark.

Keencut will talk you through any problems over the phone - they did this for me even on a machine I bought second hand, plus sent me new scales FOC.
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Keencut are the best company I know anywhere in any business in providing telephone support.

I concur with the above calibration procedure. If you ever have problems then use the telephone to talk to a real person (in this country).

John.
genguskarn
Organisation: SG Refrigeration & Controls Ltd
Interests: Triathlon, swimming, Rugby League, Ocean Colour Scene and the odd beer or two

Post by genguskarn »

Hi
Thanks for your replies, I bought the Machine 2nd hand in very good condition, I will copy the instruction manual and set up as per Robo's instruction. I wonder is it a good idea to get an extra righthand stop when making lots of cuts the same size.

Regards

Gengus
Get up and dance - Get up and smile
Get up and drink to the days
that are gone in the shortest while.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HpcbsvPTo ... re=related
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

An extra right hand stop is a good idea anyway, as the left hand stop can only be set to a max of 27" or so.

So, if you want to cut say, 29x34" ........?

But if you do add an extra right hand stop you cannot set them less than 3" apart, without modification.