Poor moulding Quality Control at Arqadia!

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Coxby
Organisation: Creative Picture Framing
Interests: Art

Poor moulding Quality Control at Arqadia!

Post by Coxby »

After waiting 2 to 3 weeks before Arqadia were able to re-stock a certain moulding it was like Christmas with the eager ripping of wrapping paper only to feel completely let down by the rotten moulding inside the packaging. Sound familiar? Look at the picture and spot the difference, no it's the same moulding in Arqadia's eyes and yes, the bottom moulding was the replacement they sent after I returned the first batch!

What do we have to do to get decent Quality Control from our suppliers, any ideas?

:x
Edward Coxwell-Rogers
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

What's the ref no and cost per metre?
Coxby

Post by Coxby »

What's the ref no and cost per metre?
1400IV £4.95m
Edward Coxwell-Rogers
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

The code tells me that this is a Larson Juhl moulding, all Arqadia mouldings are 9 numbers. So not very good - I thought it maybe a budget job.

What I would say is that Arqadia are very swift to sort problems out, if you are not happy you can do no wrong and they will send you a credit note immediately with a replacement next day at no charge. They are hot on customer service but at times are let down by their own suppliers.
Coxby

Post by Coxby »

It's one of their regular mouldings, not Larson Juhl and I've been told that their whole batch in the bin looks the same. They assured me that they are looking into the Quality Control from the supplier. As yet they can't tell me when it will be in stock until their computer system is updated.

Although impressed with Arqadia's customer service I'm still concerned that, as framers, we are acting as the suppliers' QC by opening unseen packages from Malaysia etc.
Edward Coxwell-Rogers
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I thought anything from Arqadia with anything but 9 numbers was Larson Juhl - not Larson Juhl 'collection' but LJ just the same. That's what my rep told me - still - who cares, it's not very nice whoever it's from.
less

Post by less »

Hi Coxby,

only 3 weeks wait eh? I have been waiting for two mouldings, can't remember the numbers offhand, since January! I was just 50cm short of one to finish a customers two frame order, he has been very understanding!

I was first told the moulding would be in stock in the middle of March, then the 8th of March, now I am told it will be the 5th May! I really, really hope they have got it right this time.

By the way, I asked my rep if he could find someone with a stick of moulding that they would let me have. Not the least bit interseted in helping me out. I am not impressed.

Regards

Less
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Whilst being fairly impressed with ARQADIA over the past 6 or so years. Something does seem to be slipping with their own ordering system.

Likewise, I have been waiting for two mouldings 214 500 100 and 214 500 300 since Feb now. I was told it would be on back order for delivery end of Mar, then early Apr and now have a date for end of Apr.

I also have a feeling that the moulding 'shades' will be different. We will wait and see..
John GCF
less

Post by less »

Hi John,

that's the ones! I now have three orders outstanding for these. I was told that the ship was docking on the 28th and the mouldings should be available around the 5th (of May). They'd better be!

Regards

Less
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

There is a great facility within EstLite that, if it were supported by the suppliers, would keep us informed of stock levels and the due dates of any out of stock items.

Information that might have, at the point of sale, allowed us to suggest an alternative moulding, and saved a bit of embarrassment and frustration.
Keith Hewitt
Organisation: www.keithhewitt.co.uk
Interests: Badminton, golf, gym, and exploring new places.

Post by Keith Hewitt »

John,

Sounds very interesting! Can you tell us how it will, or might work.

Keith Hewitt
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

It's only a matter of the supplier including an extra <Status> column in the moulding table, this indicates whether the moulding is in stock, low in stock, out of stock, expected restock date, or discontinued.

Both EstLite and BBEst can read this information and pass it on to the framer at the point of sale.

This capability is already within the programs, just waiting for an enlightened manufacturer to activate it. (And BBEst delivers a sweet payback. 8) )