Corel Version 10 Disks

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Corel Version 10 Disks

Post by Moglet »

Hi all,

I wonder does any member of the Forum have a copy of Corel Graphics Suite v10 (Draw, Photopaint, etc.)? I need to reload my software (fully licensed copy), but I can't find the software disks, and I can't find v10 anywhere on line to download (lots of utilities, but no "full packages"). I have the license key, just need the disks.

If anyone does have v10 on disk and could burn a copy for me, I'd be very grateful (I do a fair bit of photo restoration work in my business, so I really need the software). Needless to say, will pay for all associated disk/postage costs.
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
Dermot

Re: Corel Version 10 Disks

Post by Dermot »

I have it but have no idea how to burn a copy of it.
Moglet

Post by Moglet »

Apologies for delay in reply, Dermot. Eircom still seem to be having problems with the Limerick broadband hub yet again ( :roll: ), and I could not get Internet access yesterday.

There should be a disk duplication utility of some sort on your system. On my Dell, the software is called "Sonic." Don't know the names of any other utilities.

There's definitely summat up with Corel Photopaint since installing Kaspersky (haven't tried using Draw). Even when I disable KIS, the Photopaint opacity problem's still there. Also, it's doing odd things regarding the background layer of an image. I've managed to get a "fudge" of sorts to allow me to work. If I place a layer of solid white under the layers I'm editing, the opacity changes show properly in edit mode as well as print preview. It's really strange... :?
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

Sorry no success…

Corel should send you on duplicate discs if you contact them with your registration details.
Jared Davis CPF, GCF
Organisation: Www.jareddavis.com.au
Interests: CMC's, Running

Post by Jared Davis CPF, GCF »

G'day Aine,

I've temporarily uploaded the complete Corel Draw 10 installation disk, in a zipped folder for you to download from the web link below.

http://www.megawood.com.au/mwdownload/coreldraw10.zip

Its about 110 meg

I'll leave it up for a couple of days only...

I hope this helps you out?

Cheers,

Jared
Bill Henry
Organisation: Not so much - it's kind of messy.
Interests: Dry mounting dog hair, counting age spots on old people, playing chess with wood elves, scheming to take over the world.

Post by Bill Henry »

I don’t mean to throw a wrench into this discussion, but will your license key work with another copy of Corel?

Isn’t each password key specific to a particular copy of the application?
Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent! – Porky Pine
Moglet

Post by Moglet »

Hopefully, it won't be a problem, Bill. A person of my acquaintance has in the past downloaded both software and access keys from the net, and managed to install the software successfully in the past.

Unlicensed use of software is not an activity I approve of. I don't like people expecting me to work for nothing, and I don't expect anyone else to do so, so I am always more than happy to pay for licensed copies of software. Indeed, my copy of Corel 10 has paid for itself many times over. :)

My interest in keeping with Corel 10 (apart from saving myself from a learning curve for a new version) is that i have quite an archive of artwork that I created in v10. Sometimes, one has to rework colours between version changes, and that would be a horrendous job. Eventually, I'll bite the bullet and upgrade to a later version, but it's just something that (for a number of non-whimsical reasons) I would prefer not to contend with right now.
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Moglet

Post by Moglet »

Hey Jared,

You are an absolute Hero! :D

I've downloaded and unzipped the file (108-ish MB zipped, so if you want to take down the weblink please do so. I'm not going to attempt the reinstall till the weekend (to allow me to get the work for the week out and then give me time to recover from any potential problems - the Kaspersky install has interfered with backup disk creation (BSOD!) and I'm going to try running the install from a USB drive). If I get stuck, is it OK to PM you for the download again (which hopefully won't be neccessary)?

Per my post above to Bill, it really means a lot to me to be able to keep a working copy of v10. Thankyou so much for your help! :D
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Jared Davis CPF, GCF
Organisation: Www.jareddavis.com.au
Interests: CMC's, Running

Post by Jared Davis CPF, GCF »

If I get stuck, is it OK to PM you for the download again (which hopefully won't be neccessary)?
Sure thing Aine - anytime!

Glad I could help :)

Jared
Moglet

Post by Moglet »

You're a star, Jared. I really appreciate your helping me out with this! :)

:beer:

You're a bit far away or I'd buy you a real one or five! ;)
........Áine JGF SGF FTB