Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
this could be a bit of a no brainer so i apologise if i am the only one in the northern hemisphere who took ages to get it...
when i first started framing i used the self adhesive tape to seal my frames at the rear.
i recently converted to gummed tape and found a problem with cutting the tape whilst "cutting and tucking", in that the licky sticky seems to be much more abrasive and seems to blunt the blade quicker on my Stanley knife, also it was difficult to cut to the edge of the frame as the paper was damp and if the blade was not majorly sharp, it would drag and tear rather than cut, none of this was an issue with self adhesive... My dilemma was that i was having to change my stanley blade quite a bit more than before, not happy.
I put my used mount cutter blades in a tub on the bench, it is slowly filling up and i have often pondered on a use for these as the large percentage of the blade never gets used and remains perfectly sharp after use in the cutter
Use old cutter blades to cut backing tape, lovely jubbly!!
Not a silly question at all. You do need a sharp blade.
I use the little snap-off knives. I have about 40 scattered about the workshop so (in theory) I can always lay my hands on a sharp one. But like pens they always seem to eventually congegrate in one place.
Never thought of used mc blades. I have about 25 years worth in a plastic container.