Pricing - stretching canvas

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
Itsamindframe
Organisation: Ireland
Interests: 15

Pricing - stretching canvas

Post by Itsamindframe »

Just looking at the prices for the above , could someone give me the price range to measurement for stretching

any suppliers who sell the mounts for canvas

thanks

:D
Some men see things as they are and say why ? I frame things that never were and say why not !!!
Bill Henry
Organisation: Not so much - it's kind of messy.
Interests: Dry mounting dog hair, counting age spots on old people, playing chess with wood elves, scheming to take over the world.

Re: Pricing - stretching canvas

Post by Bill Henry »

We do not have a POS software system, but use a spreadsheet. It greatly simplifies the arithmetic, but you can use the principle with a pencil and paper as well.

We determined how much to charge for a particular procedure by using a stopwatch and timing how long it took to stretch, say, a 16 x 20 inch (36 united inch) piece of needlework then a 22 x 28” (50 united inch). Once we got that time, (lets’s say it took 25 minutes to do the 16 x 20 and 34 minutes for the 22 x 28”) we did a regression equation i.e.

25 = 36x + y
34 = 50x + y

If we subtract the two we get

34 = 50x + y
-25 = -36x - y

or, 9 = 14x
or x = 9/14 = 0.6428

Plug that 0.6428 into either of the initial equations (lets use the 50 UI one) and we get

34 = 50 times 0.6428 + y

or 34 = 32.14 + y

or y = 34 – 32.14 = 1.86

so for any united inch between 18 and 100 we can figure out the time as

time = United Inch times 0.6428 plus 1.86.

Once you have the time it requires to stretch a certain piece of any size, multiply that by your shop fee and you can get how much you should charge.

The above example is strictly labor. It does not include materials such as needleboard or stretcher/strainer bars. Those are completely separate charges in our shop and are a combination of a materials mark up and a labor charge to cut the material to size.
Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent! – Porky Pine
Itsamindframe
Organisation: Ireland
Interests: 15

Re: Pricing - stretching canvas

Post by Itsamindframe »

thank you very much , great reply .. :D
Some men see things as they are and say why ? I frame things that never were and say why not !!!