I have just attempted to cut a small frame (25 x 38 cm) from a 3cm wide good quality (ha) moulding. This is from one of the main wholesalers and it is from the expensive range. I have been eager to get my hands on this moulding after receiving the samples (which I had to pay for) it is an elegant black (gorgeous heavy thick textured finish) frame with silver sight edge, it is a beautifully finished. As you can tell I really like this moulding, I even what to reframe so of my own stuff in it.
So to get back to the tale of woe …… I began cutting it up and for such a small frame was hard work, I then attempted to join, and I should have known better it was difficult to cut because it was bowed and twisted but I was stubborn and I paid the price. It would not go together. I have 4 lengths all are sooooo twisted it is unbelievable. I am not a happy person. Monday this company will receive a call, though to be fair if I have any problems they will quickly and efficiently sort them out. I am actually more disappointed than angry (though I am very angry) it really is a gorgeous moulding the whole range is perfect, its expensive but worth the money if the lengths are straight. I could sell this moulding to my customers over and over again, but not sure if I will. And then there is question of the time I have wasted.
Do the wholesalers have a suitable quality control? I think not, I accept mistakes happen, but the shape of these mouldings is ridicules.
My apologies for my second posting as it is a rant and rave about the hazards of the trade.
Feeling slightly calmer will go make a cup of tea, that always helps and return to the mountain of work and try not to kill that moulding,
I didnt name the comapny as I am unsure if thats acceptable
