Lion Deliveries

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
WelshFramer
Organisation: Neuadd Bwll Framing
Interests: Does running a framing business leave any time for interests?

Lion Deliveries

Post by WelshFramer »

Something's changed with the Lion delivery service.

I placed a small order late on Monday and paid for standard delivery.

I received an email from Lion yesterday telling me that an order had been despatched and was scheduled to arrive the next day. The email gave me the option of changing the delivery date or tracking the order.

This morning the tracking information said that delivery was scheduled to be between 9.33 and 10.33. Being in the middle of nowhere, the driver had a little trouble finding us but after calling at another house and using their phone (no mobile signals around here) finally found us - at 9.43.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Mike Cotterell
Neuadd Bwll Framing

http://www.welshframing.com
My status
guzzijim
Organisation: Dumfries & Galloway
Interests: Photography, Colour Management, Sea Fishing

Re: Lion Deliveries

Post by guzzijim »

Use them all the time, first class service, the couriers know where we are now, living in the back and beyond with it's amazing scenery and no wholesale moulding suppliers within 50 miles is not a problem anymore.
If there are any framers in Stranraer, Newton Stewart, Port William, Loch Ryan areas that want just a few lengths from Lion but not enough for safe carriage I may be able to add some extra lengths to make your order viable.
Just email me for now.
Bagel Framer

Post by Bagel Framer »

I can count on one hand the amount of good deliveries I've had from Lion and this Wednesday's delivery is no better. I asked for a good piece of moulding but it's arrived dented and scratched. To get round this I drive in personally and do a 65 mile round trip to self pick as i have no confidence if what I'm going to get delivered.

This will probably get me barred from ordering off them in the future but I relly think I'm going to junp ship to Wessex and use them instead.

:head:
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

I have never had damaged goods from Lion but I have from other suppliers. This subject has been discussed previously and the blame for damage often lies with the carriers.
mikeysaling
Organisation: sarah jane framing
Interests: astronomy medals photography

Post by mikeysaling »

just two penneth from me - always found lion prompt well packed etc - if anything out of stock always had a phone call - like em a lot.
when all is said and done - there is more said than done.
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

We have been using Lion for 20 odd years and they have always provided excellent service, quick deiliveries, good quality product, good prices and good advice when needed- overall exact what I need from a supplier.

As said before, the delivery problems are almost certainly down to the local carrier - I would take it up with both Lion and the local carrier.

Robinc
Bagel Framer

Post by Bagel Framer »

The carrier is Lion in their own van.....!!!!
mikeysaling
Organisation: sarah jane framing
Interests: astronomy medals photography

Post by mikeysaling »

sure if you take it up with martin it will be solved!
when all is said and done - there is more said than done.
Johnson_M
Organisation: WallSpace Picture Framers
Interests: An unhealthy obsession with frames, mounts and anything and everything relating to framing, mounting and fine art printing. I am also a bit of a geek when it comes to computers, especially involving our Valiani CMC and designing websites relating to photo frames.

Post by Johnson_M »

I've been impressed with Lion's deliveries lately. Seem to always et them pretty quick and no problems to report with the couriers. The online tracking system they use is very good!
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Never had a delivery problem with Lion, but I've never bought mouldings from them. I would have thought there would be less risk of damage on their own van - that's how it works with other van deliveries I have. Nielsen use less packaging on their van than they do for carriers; sometimes just a single poly layer - rarely a problem, in fact I don't remember one at all.