PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Phil Darby
Organisation: 67,Victoria Road
Interests: picture framing, photography

web sites

Post by Phil Darby »

Hello everyone.

I am thinking about setting up my own website to sell some of my photography, and maybe offer an online framing service.A good friend has offered to design my website. I realise much thought needs to be given to this .

Any thoughts or experiences about pitfalls/problems/benefits etc would be appreciated.

Many thanks, Phil
YPF
Organisation: Your Picture Framer
Interests: Dog agility with my 2 cocker cross spaniels and a bit of woodturning. Recently taken up the ukulele!

Re: web sites

Post by YPF »

Have a look at one of the posts towards the end of this thread

http://theframersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6146

there is some good stuff in there about search engine optimisation.

Steve
Steve
Chief Coffee Drinker
http://www.yourpictureframer.co.uk
EmmaS
Organisation: none
Interests: Reading, art, studying

Post by EmmaS »

On a note related to this topic, though slightly deviating from the questions of the original post (for which I apologise) I'd like to mention on behalf of my other-half that if any one needs a website designing or building or both, he is at present trying to get together a portfolio of work to kick-start a freelance web design career (he is currently a web designer but wants to branch out).

Because adding websites to his portfolio will benefit him as much as it will the clients he's willing to work for FREE within reason. If anyone is interested then please pm me and I can pass on details.

Also I apologise if this sort of shameless self-promotion isn't really appropriate for the forum but I just thought I'd mention it because he's really good and, I don't know... it might be of interest to a few people.
Kevlar
Organisation: Ani Evans Photography
Interests: Framing, Photography, Golf, Travel, Motorbikes etc

Post by Kevlar »

Hi Phil

Try this link http://www.idealgallery.co.uk/Home.aspx

The service the team provide is quick and easy and can get you up and running quickly with Galleries and capability for online purchasing of your photos. They have a range of templates too so can set you up quickly. There is a monthly charge for hosting your website which you will pay anywhere if you choose to host with someone else, which I guess you will do unless you have a set of servers at home. The monthly charge is based on packages, eg how many photos you want to have on your site, but its clearly shown on their website. They will take all the hard work away and once you have a site you can either learn how to manage it yourself from various material they have on site or you can be given a tutorial at small extra cost. The really good thing is you have control over changing information as and when required and can upload your photos to galleries as you go etc.

Email address for Eric who arranges this is as below

Eric-Ideal Gallery <eric@idealgallery.co.uk>

Hope this helps, Kev
Ani Evans Photography