What a great customer!

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
YPF
Organisation: Your Picture Framer
Interests: Dog agility with my 2 cocker cross spaniels and a bit of woodturning. Recently taken up the ukulele!

What a great customer!

Post by YPF »

Phone rang late this morning and the caller asked "Is that the framer?" Once we had established he was calling the right person he said he would be right over. A while later couple walk in with some carrier bags saying they called earlier.

Within an hour they have decided how they wanted 10 items framing - lots of really generous borders on the mounts and all but one item double mounted :D but whilst they were decisive they still listened to advice and suggestions.

With a cheery wave and "there's no real hurry to have them finished" they left.

It's a pity that more customers couldn't be that easy to deal with (and profitable :D ).
Steve
Chief Coffee Drinker
http://www.yourpictureframer.co.uk
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Re: What a great customer!

Post by Jonny2morsos »

I get customers like that at times but unfortunately only about once a year.

Come to think of it, must be about a year since the last one, fingers crossed for Monday!
fusionframer
Organisation: Fusion Picture Framing
Interests: framing

Post by fusionframer »

It must be the right time of year for these customers, so J2M I reckon you are due yours Monday too!

We work from a Barn we rent from the farm. I went for a cigarette (I have to go just outside the yard to smoke). Opposite is a holiday rental cottage. Got chatting to the couple who gave me 6 prints to frame they had purchased. Easy jobs with all mouldings in stock and to top it off, they bought a 19th century watercolour for £400 :D

Who said smoking was bad for you!
www.fusionframing.co.uk

Never trust a dog with orange eyebrows.
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Well it almost happened today. We don't advertise being open on Mondays and customers never read the sign on the door. I had some catching up do do from last week so I was there and in walks a lady I last saw about a year ago.

Plonks a mounted print on the counter and asks me to frame it like her last one reminding me she likes to have Anti Reflective UV glass. Last job was £220 but this was only about1/3 of the size. Still OK for a day we don't open.