Web Design help

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
FarmaerGeek

Web Design help

Post by FarmaerGeek »

I’m a new framer and working out of my house. I’m looking to get a web site up and a have a few questions. I am noticing that lots of websites let you have the ability to build frames online like art.com I saw some other postings that artframer and framingengine offer it. Is anyone using this - being able to build your own frame online? If so, do you have any suggestions on what I should do?
Keith Hewitt
Organisation: www.keithhewitt.co.uk
Interests: Badminton, golf, gym, and exploring new places.

Post by Keith Hewitt »

I find it odd that an American is asking on what is basically a UK Forum who to use to build a web site. :?

The USA is light years ahead of us in using the web. In USA 64% of framers have a web site. Does anyone know the % in UK or Europe?

We should be flattered you are asking our advice. May I ask you why you expect a better answer this side of the pond?

Keith
Keith Hewitt
I have visited distributors and framers in 90 countries - no two are the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XtrrWooYdg
FarmaerGeek

Post by FarmaerGeek »

Hi Keith

I have posted this request every place that would let me.

I just havnt found anyone willing to share information. The only feedback I have received was it wasnt the way framers do business.
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi Framergeek, welcome to the forum.

I think that Capture Thisfrom RDLMediamight have the kind of application that you are looking for.

The Internet is a great leveller, there is nothing preventing the small home based framer from having the same web presence as a large company, specially if you are able to do at least some of the work yourself.

Please let us know how you get on.
Framing Norah

Post by Framing Norah »

Welcome to the forum Framergeek.

Have you looked at http://www.artframer.com/ ? I seem to remember one of the members here mentioning that they use it, perhaps they might respond on this thread.

Keith, the Internet has no boundaries in the traditional sense. So is it not possible that someone in the UK, or even Timbuktu, might be able to help with Framergeek's query?

Does it not seem logical to suppose that a bunch of framers with enough savvy to discuss framing issues here on the Internet, might also have knowledge of web based applications for framers?
FN
FarmaerGeek

Post by FarmaerGeek »

Thank you both for the warm welcome.

John I will fill out the form to get more info. Thank you for the help.

Norah - Thank you for the link and I have looked at artframer. I noticed the framer and the images look good.

I would like to see if someone is using one of these online framers that isnt a demo from the company. I am hoping to get a little feedback before I spend the money.
Keith Hewitt
Organisation: www.keithhewitt.co.uk
Interests: Badminton, golf, gym, and exploring new places.

Post by Keith Hewitt »

[quote="Framing Norah"

Keith, the Internet has no boundaries in the traditional sense. So is it not possible that someone in the UK, or even Timbuktu, might be able to help with Framergeek's query?

Framing Norah,
I accept your comments as valid!
I see both you and John have helped. All I said was that I was surprised an answer seemed unavailable in his country - the U.S.A. - where 60 odd % of framers already have a web site.

Keith
Keith Hewitt
I have visited distributors and framers in 90 countries - no two are the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XtrrWooYdg
Mr Bevel
Organisation: workshop
Interests: reading, politics, comedy, art

Post by Mr Bevel »

did you ever get this software and if so how d'you find it?
fortunately and unfortunately everything is connected