Perspex VA
-
lynnbmack
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Tue 05 Dec, 2006 6:03 am
- Location: Gairloch
- Organisation: Lynn Bennett-Mackenzie
- Interests: art, reading, animals, gardening, walking, photography,
- Location: Gairloch, NW Scotland
- Contact:
Perspex VA
I have come across Perspex VA in my quest to find something large and uv protective. I wondered if anyone has used this and what there thoughts are on it. A company called Gilbert Curry are the suppliers. I actually don't need UV protection now as the client is happy with "normal" perspex, but am curious for future reference - it is also not extortionately priced at £122 for a 2030 x1523mm sheet which they will also cut to size.
-
Dermot
If it is true Perspex VA been supplied it sounds very good……
I have not been able to find the UV value for this product……have you asked the supplier for this value!!!
http://www.lucitesolutions.com/remote/v ... _copy2.pdf
I have not been able to find the UV value for this product……have you asked the supplier for this value!!!
http://www.lucitesolutions.com/remote/v ... _copy2.pdf
-
lynnbmack
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Tue 05 Dec, 2006 6:03 am
- Location: Gairloch
- Organisation: Lynn Bennett-Mackenzie
- Interests: art, reading, animals, gardening, walking, photography,
- Location: Gairloch, NW Scotland
- Contact:
I never got as far as checking the value as the customer has opted for plain perspex, but on the site www.gcip.co.uk, it says very good - might be worth checking out tho' for future ref.
-
Hedgehog
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sun 11 Feb, 2007 1:47 pm
- Location: Lickey End Worcestershire UK
Hi Lynn,
Just came across
www.emm.org.uk/preventive%20conservation.htm
Interesting info on plexiglas 201 or 209 and perspex VE or VA. This is a museum site so has lots of useful info (see Reduce the proportion of ultra-violet light) One thing that surprised me was that they stated ordinary perspex and plexiglas does not filter UV, I have always thought that plastics filtered a higher % of UV than standard glass. (you live and learn).
I have in emergencies purchased plastic sheet from B&Q but you have to careful of scratches.
Roy
Just came across
www.emm.org.uk/preventive%20conservation.htm
Interesting info on plexiglas 201 or 209 and perspex VE or VA. This is a museum site so has lots of useful info (see Reduce the proportion of ultra-violet light) One thing that surprised me was that they stated ordinary perspex and plexiglas does not filter UV, I have always thought that plastics filtered a higher % of UV than standard glass. (you live and learn).
I have in emergencies purchased plastic sheet from B&Q but you have to careful of scratches.
Roy
Every little helps, if only we knew the little?
